2. 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝕋𝕠 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖

~•~

It was a rainy Thursday morning, and I wasn't expecting to be suddenly awoken by the sound of crashing pots and pans.
I jumped up out of bed and rushed down the hall to my kitchen, only to discover Freddie standing in the middle of the room, aghast.
"What in the world? Freddie? How did you get into my apartment? How do you even know where I live?" I ask, rushing over by him.
He just stands there, still obviously embarrassed, not bothering to help me pick up the mess he made.
"Darling, it's so easy to find your address." He replies, leaning against the island. I look up at him, and he's grinning.
"Why are you here, and what were you doing?" I ask.
He puts his hands on his hips and laughs a sing-song laugh.
"Well, darling, I wanted to check up on you to find out why you haven't called Roger yet of course, and I was trying to be a nice gentleman and make you breakfast."
Roger. I didn't call him. It wasn't that I forgot, because I didn't. His number and note were permanently etched on my lighter that I used every day, so it was a constant reminder. I just didn't want to. He was so drunk that night that he probably didn't remember a thing. I was worried that if I called him, it wouldn't even fathom him. He probably wouldn't even remember me. But now, with Freddie basically breaking and entering into my apartment, wondering why I haven't called him yet, it was quite concerning.
"Did he ask you to find me?" I ask, piling the pots and pans neatly onto the counter.
He purses his lips and looks away.
"I think you can figure that out yourself, can't you?" He says finally, tapping his index finger on his hip.
So, he did remember me. He did want me to call him after all.
"Freddie, can you do me a favor?" I ask.
"Of course."
"Tell Roger that I may or may not give him a call later tonight. I don't want to excite him too much." I smile sarcastically, and he returns it.
"Oh, I'm sure he'll be happy enough to hear that."

~•~

I didn't think of Roger to be the persistent type. He had his mind set on wanting to talk to me, for some godforsaken reason. I didn't think I was that interesting, to the point where he had to have his friend hunt me down. Maybe I was, though. But how? That was completely beyond me. All I knew was, he was crazy. He was most definitely crazy, if he wanted to see me again. He was crazy, if he was even the slightest bit attracted to me. Or maybe, he wanted something out of me. What if he just wanted to use me for something?
All these thoughts raced through my head as I dialed his number into the rotary. My palms were sweating heavily, my breaths wavered. I was a nervous wreck. I shouldn't be, though. I could talk to him just fine, be around him just fine. What was the big deal all of a sudden? Maybe it was because there was a chance of him actually liking me. There could be that one small possibility that he was attracted to me.
Now I was just getting ahead of myself. I was being absolutely ludicrous, we had met only about a week ago! There was no way he would even be thinking about that. Especially a guy like him, who can get any girl he wanted. He was in a band, he was undeniably attractive, why wouldn't the girls fall for him? I know I did.
The phone rang for the fifth time, and I was about to hang up until his luscious voice came onto the line, filling my ears.
"Hello?"
My voice caught in my throat, I couldn't speak.
"Hello?" He says again.
Get a grip, Dawn.
"Hello, Roger?" I squeak.
I swear I could hear him smile.
"You finally called, huh? I was wondering when you would." He says.
He was waiting for me this whole time to call him, and here I was thinking he didn't care.
"Sorry, life got busy. Didn't mean to make you wait." I say, jokingly. He chuckles slightly.
"I thought you weren't ever going to call me. I felt like a complete idiot."
"Well I called, now stop feeling like an idiot." I laugh, as does he.
"What are you doing later?" He suddenly asks.
Oh no. This is exactly what I was afraid of. He wanted to see me again.
"Um, nothing, really."
How stupid could I be! Why didn't I just tell him that I was busy?
"Good, because I was planning on taking you somewhere." He says, his voice affirmative.
"You were planning on taking me somewhere?" I repeat his words.
There was a long silence. I've embarrassed him.
"If that's alright with you," His voice was practically a whisper.
It actually was alright with me, I don't know why I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't.
"Yeah, it is." I reply quietly.
"Alright then, I'll pick you up at 7. Sound good?" He asks, his breathing heavy.
"Sounds great." I say, twisting my hair around my finger nervously.

~•~

Author's Note:

Sorry that the chapter is a bit shorter than the first, I purposely did that to create tension in the story! I hope you guys enjoy this so far, it's been really fun writing it!
Make sure to vote & leave your feedback, thank you guys!
Xx <3