ten - erections and confessions

Start from the beginning

"Why are we in here, Ashton?" I ask in a hushed tone, looking to him slowly as I feel nervous by his response. In fact, I knew his answer before he even spoke.

"Because we are," Ashton speaks plainly, continuing to look at the cut on his elbow. Once he realizes that I was still looking at him, hoping for an answer, he puts his arm down and rolls his eyes at me. "I don't want to see him."

Him as in his dad? I figured that Ashton was still pretty upset over the fact that his dad didn't show up at the game earlier, but there must be more to it. 

"He must have done something pretty shit for you to choose spending three hours in a dark closet with me than say hi to your dad." I chuckle, but quickly stop when Ashton shoots me a glare. I couldn't see him that well, but I could see the way his eyes were sparkling in the darkness and they looked somewhat sad. 

"Fucking drop it, Lacey, it's none of your business," Ashton snaps, causing me to shuffle a little. "Anyway, I'd much rather discuss your dumb thing with Luke."

I let out a chuckle as Ashton speaks, although soon realize that he was being dead serious. Honestly, I see Luke as I see Ashton - popular. Once you're labelled with that, you're automatically assumed to be better than everyone else in the school. I was pretty sure that having a thing with Luke was the most ludicrous idea I had ever heard, considering I'm not on his 'level'. He was attractive, sure, as are the other boys Ashton's friends with - but I'm not in that group and I never will be.

"I wasn't aware that I had a thing with Luke." I say, not really knowing why it was running through Ashton's mind. I feel something digging into me so I toss the shoe, which was digging into my thigh - earning a growl and glare from Ashton. 

"I told you not to touch my shit Lacey," Ashton huffs, picking up the converse shoe and tucking it neatly next to the other shoes we were slumped on. "You know, I really don't know what game you're playing but it needs to stop. "

"Game?" I query, unsure of what he was now referring to.

"Luke's a good guy and I don't know why he has this dumb crush on you but-"

"Luke has a crush on me?" I interrupt, captivated and stunned by his words. 

Ashton scoffs, turning away from me as he pulls a face before looking back, "Do you really care?"

I shrug, not really knowing the answer. I mean, the thought was kind of scary - especially since Luke was way out of my league. I wasn't too sure why Ashton was concerning himself with it though. In fact, it made sense now that Luke was probably going to tell me something earlier at the party before Ashton cock blocked him. 

"Well, yeah," I smile. "What has he said about me?"

Ashton looks to me with his mouth open and looking almost disgusted as he creases his face up. I wonder what I had said wrong, since Ashton was the one who had brought this conversation up in the first place.

"What?" Ashton snaps out of his mood and turns plain faced again. "He's said nothing."

"But you said-"

"I lied," Ashton quickly speaks, throwing me completely off guard. "Are we really going to sit here talking about Luke because I'd rather poke my eyes out with pins?"

If there was an award for the most complicated person on this planet, I was pretty sure Ashton could win three hundred times. I couldn't understand him and I wanted to so badly. It seemed like he was such a complex character, that he barely even understands himself most of the time. It's like he can switch moods so easily.