Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Raymond, do you have a girlfriend?" She asked after everyone's food was served.

He nearly dropped his food off his fork. "I do not have a girlfriend actually." He hesitated, "I have a boyfriend."

This caught Lucille off guard but she quickly recovered. "Ah, okay. Where is he for dinner?"

"I told him not to come tonight. He doesn't stay here every night like Matthew."

"Oh, well I would love to meet him before I leave."

"Yes ma'am."

She turned to look at Matthew, "Matthew, dear, do you live here?"

"No ma'am, well I mean I might as well, I stay here every night and most of my stuff is here, but not officially, no."

As dinner went on, we answered more questions about our lives and relationships and Ray and I asked about the other family members. She told us they were excited for her to come here and hoped we would visit them one day. She explained that they understood it would be a while, especially since my mother was there. I was not willing to go anywhere near her right now.

In bed, after my grandmother was long asleep and Ray had gotten Victor to come over just before bed, I laid there with Matthew.

"Do you think you should move in? Like officially?" I said to him.

"I don't know, I mean I've thought of it, not like I have much stuff left at my house. I didn't know how you'd feel about it and it wasn't really bothering me."

"Well, I think if you want to, you can. If your mom is okay with it of course."

"And your Dad."

I laughed, "You already know my Dad doesn't care. To him it is like we are already married."

"Ah, that's next."

"Oh hush, we are seventeen, you could change your mind next year."

He pulled away and locked eyes with me, "You are crazy if you think that I think we won't end up together."

I smiled, "I just don't want you feel like you're stuck with me."

He rolled on top of me pulling my arms up above my head and lacing our fingers together. "I don't think I have ever been more sure about anything in my life. If I am going to have a future with someone, I want it to be you."

"I hope this isn't your idea of a proposal." I giggled.

"No," he kissed me while still holding on to me, "I was planning on after we graduated from high school. I thought it was too soon and it's weird since we are still in high school."

I laughed, "Oh so you have it planned out already?"

He shrugged, "Somewhat, I figured I'd get the details down later. First, I'll move, if you want of course, then we can talk about the other thing after senior year."

He kissed me again, "So you're going to move in?" I smiled.

"Yes." He said and kissed me once more before it was time for me to lock the door again.

In the morning we were all sitting for breakfast. Lucille had made a ton of food and met Victor, since she was asleep when Ray picked him up.

"Daddy, Matthew is going to move in." I announced once everyone started eating.

Matthew side-eyed me, "If that is okay with you sir, of course." he said.

"I thought you already lived here." my Dad said confused.