Chapter 22: The Birthday Special

Start from the beginning

"I understand if we can't go mum."

"Actually your father said yes. He thinks it'll be good, if you stick around good people."
I couldn't believe what she had said. I smiled and got up and hugged her.

"Now we're not saying that the Malfoy's are a bad family. What we're saying is... we don't want you to think that the Weasley's are a bad family, cause they're not. I'm sure they're genuinely good people." She smiled at me.

"They're really sweet mum. And Draco's also really sweet, we have fun now in days." I smiled.

"Well we'll probably have to go dress shopping later on today." She winked at me.

"Why?" I was confused.

"I heard there's a very special event coming up at Hogwarts." I wasn't very stupid so I was able to put two and two together. We would be having a ball soon. I was honestly pretty excited.

My dad walked back in, barely being able to hold all the presents he had in his arms. I squealed with excitement as he set them down on the chair next to me. He leaned and kissed my forehead. I looked up and down at the mountain of presents.

"I've told her." My mum said to my dad grabbing his hand. He looked over at me and smiled.

"We're going but you mustn't tell anyone except the Weasley's. We're still Slytherins and shouldn't be seen around them." He explained.

I nodded understanding perfectly what he was saying. I ran up to him and hugged him. When the food arrived we ate. I ate faster than usual eager to open up the presents.

"Alright you can open them." My mum put down her napkin.
I started opening them. I gots bags, shoes, shirts, jackets, and in the final one a ring.
I smiled looking down at all the presents they had got me.

"Laurie stop smiling so much you'll get wrinkles."
My dad rolled his eyes and I laughed. I knew she was partly joking. I put on the white fur coat she got me and a new Dolane bag, that was in Slytherin green. I felt like a million galleons. When we finished, my mum took me shopping for a dress for the 'secret occasion', but of course I already knew what it was.

We looked around in the boutiques and finally one caught my eye. It was a copper color and I found myself not being able to stop looking at it. My mum saw that it had caught my attention and nodded in approval. I tried it on and fell in love with it. Not only with it but how it looked on me.

"I think this it." I said looking at myself.

"You look beautiful honey." My mum hugged me. We bought and proceeded to head out. My dad who was sitting in one of the cushions looked up at us.

"We should probably be heading back, your first class is almost over." He said standing up.

When we got back home, we cut the cake and each ate a piece. The whole trip I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"We'll miss you hon." My dad leaned in to give me a hug.

"Just to let you know, we'll be owling Mrs. Weasley to take her up on the invite." My mum added.

"Thank you guys so much. Seriously I love you guys with my whole heart." I hugged them and didn't ever want to let go.

I floo'd myself back to Hogwarts and saw Dumbledore waiting for me.

"How was the trip?" He asked smiling down at me.

"Perfect." I smiled. "I'll be on my way headmaster Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore is enough." He smiled.

I walked out and headed to Arithmancy. As I walked through the halls, students walking by wished me Happy Birthday. It filled my heart up knowing they knew. Some even got me gifts so I was carrying 3 gifts when I got to class, excluding the one wrapped around my neck.