Prologue

''Just as the moon stands in the sky, someone you love is sure to die, just as the sun falls in the sky, Chaos will descend once again''

''What! Who are you!? What are you saying?''

''You will play a part in a great quest, you will fight against the darkness that lasts forever to save your Clan. You will be spoken of in Legends until the end of the earth.''

''But I am young, I haven't even opened my eyes for the first time!''

''This is what will happen, young one, I will come again.''

''Wait! Who are you!''

''One who has waited long for you....''

''What is that supposed to mean! Hey........Where are you....... Come back!''

*************************************************************************

A yowl of pain echoed through the stone hollow, announcing the arrival of ThunderClan's newest members. In the nursery, four new lives had begun. The mother, a brown tabby with green eyes, looked lovingly down at her kits.

''Three she-cats and one tom.'' The she-cat meowed.

''What will you name them, Birch?'' A pure white tom, named Whitefang, asked gruffly.

''The gray she-cat will be Blazekitand the gray tabby she-cat will be Leafkit.'' Birch purred, then turned her head towards the tom. Obvious distaste flashed across her face as she looked at the tiny bundle of golden fur.

''What about him?'' Whitefang asked, noticing the flash of disappointment and anger in her emerald eyes.

''Him? What about IT? I only see a scrap of wet fur! Get it out of here Whitefang!'' Birch hissed.

Absolute shock shone in Whitefang's blue eyes. He could not imagine that any queen would treat a kit like this. Sure, he was a runt, and Birch was a rouge, but to completely reject a kit was beyond anything he could imagine.

''Don't just stand there Whitefang, take care of it!'' Birch yowled with annoyance. Whitefang narrowed his eyes then bent down and picked up the tiny kit, then carried it out of the nursery. When he got to the warriors den, he gently laid the golden kit in his nest. What was he going to do? Kits needed milk to survive.

A flash of uncertainty shone in Whitefang's eyes, but it lasted for only a heartbeat. Slowly but sreadily, a certain resolve was building in the medecine cat's heart. He would save this kit, no matter what it took, he was going to raise it. But first, he needed a name.

''Sunkit. You will not join the stars so soon. I promise.''