Once the cleaning was done, we sat in the kitchen eating whatever snacks we found in the pantry.

"So, you two had sex." Ray said. It wasn't a question.

I felt Matthew stiffen next to me. "Yeah." I said not meeting his eyes.

"I don't think I want to have that talk and I know it is going to happen, I just thought it would be a while." Ray said.

"So, did I, but I guess something took over us yesterday." I said.

"Yeah, I am sure it was the alcohol. Just be careful, we got enough problems, we don't need a Matty Junior running around too." I nodded at him, "And just be mindful of the other ears in the house." We both nodded guiltily. "That's all I am going to say on it. Use protection, be quieter and don't make things weird between the three of us."

Matthew and I agreed and thankfully the doorbell rang. Matthew saw Ray as a friend, and most people wouldn't appreciate being told those things by a peer, but Ray was my parent figure, so there were going to be times when Ray switched from friend mode to take care of my daughter mode. Matthew respected that and didn't complain or talk back.

The dining table fit perfectly into the dining room. It was maybe a foot or two longer than the other one we had.

On Monday when we got to school Matthew told me he had an idea for his talent show routine.

"There is just something I have to do, but I need to go alone." Matthew told me.

I sighed, "Okay, and what is that?"

"I need to talk to the dance team, but I am afraid they will say no if they see you there with me."

I rolled my eyes as hard as I could. As much as I didn't like it, I wasn't going to get in the way of his idea that he was so excited about. I told him to take Ray to increase his chances of them saying yes.

Victor and I strolled into first period together. Since we were early he sat in the seat behind me and I showed him the furniture we picked out and explained why we needed new furniture.

"Let me tell you, my mom would not stop asking about you guys. Oh, they are so responsible, I can't believe he raised her, my own kids can't even clean their own dishes. The twins are so beautiful and the boyfriend is gorgeous, they are going to make beautiful kids." I was hunched over laughing when the girl that sat behind me cleared her throat for Victor to move. He stood up and stood in front of me.

"She is great, you should tell her we even cleaned the house yesterday."

"No! She will complain. When I told her you guys had to go order furniture for your dad, oh my God, forget it. Oh, that is so nice that they do things for him, you guys barely even go to the store for me without complaining. Then she brought up how your brother limited how many drinks you guys could have. Oh, he is such a good brother, you need to look out for your sisters like that because Vivian drinks too much."

"It is not that serious." I laughed, "We were just raised differently."

"Oh! And the cooking! Why don't we help her cook? When are we going to learn to cook? Because you guys have been cooking since you were eleven, and she has been cooking since she was nine."

"Honestly, you guys should learn. Matthew was the same way, I had to remind him that kitchen worked no matter who was in there. We are teaching him how to cook now, when we do manage to cook."

"She also told me to tell you guys to come over for dinner tonight, I forgot to mention it in the car. I'm sure she is going to make you guys a special dinner or something. She is obsessed with you guys." He rolled his eyes as if annoyed at his mother.