CHAPTER 1

"Seriously, Mom..." Kendall groaned, "I'm fine. I don't need staying here." He grumbled, begging to his Mom.

Jennifer Knight gave her one and only son a thin smile, right hand extended to cares her son's head, "Sweety, it's just a week, okay?"

Kendall's mouth pouted, "A week is not an only. It's a long time. How can I explain to my friends?" he stared at her harshly, "Hey, guys. I won't be home for a week because I was diagnosed atypical depression and I need to stay here until I get better." He mocked as he talked to his friends.

His Mom laughed, "Stop mocking, Kendall Knight. It's only a week."

Kendall let out a deep sigh. He lost. He couldn't be won from his Mom, worse, from doctors.

"Alright," He nodded, "Just a week. No more."

Jennifer pulled her son into her warm hug, "See you next week." Before she walked out from inpatient room, she kissed Kendall's forehead, long and soft.

"Bye, Mom. Take care." Kendall smiled as he watched his Mom walked out from his room.

Now he's all alone.

He looked around at the empty and cold hospital room. The reason why he forced to stay here because he had depression known as atypical depression, it's not a real serious depression, stage 1, but his therapist felt needed for Kendall stayed here. What caused the depression? Kendall's Dad died 3 months ago and Kendall couldn't help himself. He loved his parents so much, more than anything. He was really close to his Dad like a best friend and to admit now he's gone was really hard for Kendall.

Kendall threw his body into a bed. It's just 10 minutes or so but he's already in a deadly boring situation. There's no TV, no iPhone, nothing. It's just a room with bed, sofa, bathroom and drawer.

Someone knocked the door and later on a nurse showed up. She smiled and gave Kendall a small pill.

"What is it?" he asked before swallow it into his body.

She handed him a glass of water, "A sedative, for you to take once a day. Take some sleep, Kendall."

He sighed, "It's too early to get sleep..." he murmured, "Uh... can I walk to a park or other places here? I'm bored."

She nodded, "If you promise you won't escape."

Kendall rolled his eyes, "How can I escape when you put a sensor on my foot like a prisoner?" he grumbled.

"Trust me, it's for your own good." She smiled, "Make sure you come back at 10. It's your sleep time." She answered before got out from Kendall's room.

Kendall sighed. He only had one hour to catch fresh air - fresh as an air in hospital, very fresh.

He took his varsity jacket and gray beanie then made his way to get out from his room. The hospital hallway was really creepy. Not a dark and empty hallway, otherwise it's bright and nurses walking back and forth. What made it creepy was the way people stare at him, like he's abandoned to walk alone.

Kendall had no idea where he wanted to go until he saw a park. The teen's hospital building actually had a really cool park like how Los Angeles's parks. The decoration was pretty cool with graffiti and skateboarding track. Kendall felt sarcastic about the skateboarding track, are they - doctors and nurses - really let their patients play skateboard?

He sat on the bench under the Eek Tree. He raised his head up to see the clear sky. He hoped there were stars. He always loves stars.

His mind ran randomly in moments he had with his Dad. They once stargazing on a hidden hill in Los Angeles and that's cool. His Dad talked so much, telling him his teen's life which was really weird for Kendall as a modern version of his Dad.