Marry Me

Scott watched through the window as she placed her dolls in the perfect position with the perfect outfits, all dressed up in a tutu, tights and pearls. Her gloves are hiked up all the way to the elbows, rumpling around her wrists as she placed a hat on a bear the size of Scott. He only remains enamored for a few seconds longer before the football he placed near his feet rolls off the porch with a resounding thump. Quickly retrieving the ball, Scott goes up to her front door and knocks shave and a hair cut (which is her favourite knocking pattern he will have you know).

When she opens the door, Scott, looks at her in a slightly dazed way, admiring her getup, Tessa however is too impatient for that so she gives him a big smile before pulling him inside.

"Tessa! Where are we going?" Scott screeches.

"Mr. Fuzzy-wuddles wasn't willing to be my groom, so you have to fill in! I even have a top hat for you! Please Scotty?" Tessa who is trying to pout but her giggles just can't be contained enough for it to really show.

"Aww, but T I want to play football, I even brought the ball here." Scott whines.

"Once we get married then I will have to play all the football you want. Plus, I can take Mr. Fuzzy-wuddles bow tie so you will look all dressed up. Please Scott?" Tessa who is no longer giggling gives Scott her best puppy dog eyes, green like the candle Auntie Carol is always burning at her house. And just like that candle Scott's heart melts a little at the sight.

"Okay fine, but only because of the football." Scott is already putting on Mr. Fuzzy-wuddle's clip on bow tie.

So, standing in the middle of the Virtue living room is Scott in his blue letterman jacket, clad with a bow tie and a top hat that was a little too big for his head. Next to him is Mr. Fuzzy-wuddles with a sun hat on because it was the next closest thing Tessa had to a top hat. Strolling in comes Tessa, her barbie radio playing some god-awful song that she uses as her Canon in D walk down the aisle moment. As Henry the rabbit walks Tessa down the aisle to Scott, Tessa adjusts her pearls, hugs henry and places him in the right spot next to his wife Harriet, who is sitting on the bride's side front row of the ceremony.

Soon enough Mr. Fuzzy-wuddle's is pronouncing them husband and wife, and Tessa leans up and in and lays a big wet kiss on Scott's cheek much to his chagrin. Scott, who is too red and embarrassed to have heard the first click, thanks Tessa for marrying him and is about to walk her back down the aisle on his arm when he hears another click. Spinning quickly, he finds Kate Virtue standing in the hall, clearly having returned from grocery shopping, bags all around her feet, holding a camera and snapping pictures of the two of them all dressed up. Tessa, who is now blushing just as ferociously as Scott starts screeching at her mom and attempts to push her out the door. Kate, who takes it in stride just backs up while laughing harder than she has in a long while.

"Mom! Stop! Mom, get out! Go away, and delete the photos mom! You're embarrassing me and Scott!" Tessa shouts while continuously shoving.

When Tessa finally is able to shut the door on her mom, she slowly walks back to Scott who has shed his top hat and bow tie, and is holding his football tightly to his chest.

"Sorry Scott" she mumbles, barely audibly, but enough that Scott can hear, blush and nod to the words.

"Can we go play football now?"

"Yeah! Oh, but wait, I have to go put on my shorts, they're my good sports shorts, means I will kick your butt at football."

"What, no you won't! I am so good at football, Danny is teaching me to perfect my spiral so I become the best-est out there."