Chapter 1

Quincy sat behind his computer trying to put together a few statements for the contract he was working on for the new architect his friend wanted for the remodeling of his home but a certain smell kept lingering around. It was as if she was with him again. He pushed himself from the computer and walked to his balcony hoping the breeze would help erase all thoughts of her.... it didn't, it  only brought back a moment like this in another time where they were happy.  Rubbing his face with his hand, he walked to bed but unable to sleep because he could still smell her.... her perfume, then once again without permission memories he had tried to forget flooded his thoughts and dreams till morning.

She stood at the window wondering where he was... was he finally happy with his wife and daughter. Would he be happy knowing he had a son who looked so much like him with his curly hair,almond coloured eyes and a  button nose which was too cute not to flick whenever he was near.
Narla smiled fondly at her sleeping son, if only he had let me finish what I  wanted to tell him on that day, she thought. Her vision was blurred by the tears that wanted to spill but not anymore, he had made his decision and so would she... she would move on come morning.

Morning came and Narla was awoken with a sloppy kiss. 'Morning ma, it's Saturday!!!! Time for those pancakes you promised.' Narla opened her eyes to find her son Maxine with his hands akimbo waiting for her to get up. She turned her head around but wasn't able to go back to sleep because Maxine jumped in her bed and started tickling her till she laughed. ' Oh c'mon ma, you promised plus granma said you've got to get ready for your contract signing which is in an hour and.... ' her son's voice trailed off as she remembered that her new contract was going to be brought over by the lawyer this morning. She hopped into the shower and shouted for her son to go down for she would be down any moment.

Narla was done with the pancakes and the men in the house were long done devouring them. Her father, cousin and son had outdone themselves today. She was about to go to kitchen when the doorbell rang. ' I'll get it ' She yelled and when she did she hoped that she was dreaming.