"Isn't there anyone else home? " Aman asked Khushi. She nodded no.
"Where did they go?"

Khushi have a blank look.

He resumed reading the letter.

Arnie went to Mumbai to attend the business meet.I know Arnie said he isn't planning to attend the meet. But well he changed his mind. It's good he went out atleast today. For how long will he stay at home? Let him have a change. Don't disturb him. Let him be.
As you know Niti bua went to her niece's yesterday night. Well you yourself arranged her a cab. And me, well I had to attend this health camp near Lucknow. You know na how service minded I am.
Now as there is no one else home please take care of Khushi. Her backpack is all packed. You just need to give her medics and food on time. Description is there in her medical box.

By the way, Arnie will most probably come back tomorrow. He wanted to check with Mumbai branch. Niti bua will also be back by tomorrow. And me will be there tonight.

You were sleeping so didn't woke you up.
By the way no need to call me. The place I am off to is a remote village and might have network issues.
Enjoy the day. Bye. Take care of you and Khushi.

With Love Lav.

Aman went through a series of emotions while reading through the letter. Shocked, surprised, suspension, finally nervous. All along he felt Lav's play in it. But couldn't point out anything specific. But by the end of the letter, her 'With Love' did distract him for a while.

But came back soon when the clock chimmed 8am. He saw Khushi looking at him keenly. He didn't know what to do. He thought to stay at home. But AR? Arnav isn't there so he has to go to AR. But Khushi? He can't skip office nor can leave Khushi alone for a full day. Arnies life resides in Khushi. So important is AR.
He sat down and think of a minute. There is no such meetings with needs him to go out of AR. So finally he decided to take Khushi along with him to AR. He is in two minds about tagging her with him. Will she be ok there full day? He can come back early. But still it will be 8 hours at AR. Everthing else can be managed. But will he be able to handle her. True she stays calm and quite most of the time. Doesn't fuss around. What if she gets bored? He don't know her likes in food, her other preferences. Come what ever may I will tag her along . What else can I do?

He walked to where Khushi sat with her bunny.
"Come Khushi. I will take you to Arnie's kingdom, AR. Where is your backpack? "
Khushi pointed to the sofa next to her. He took both his and her bags for the day and asked her to come with him. But when he saw she wasn't walking a step, he asked "What happened?"
She pointed to the dinning table this time.
He saw the breakfast kept for him. "Oh the breakfast! You had?"
She nodded yes. "Wanna have a second round?" She nodded no. "Ok you sit here. I will be back soon."

After his breakfast Aman took Khushi along and reached AR. He took out their bags in one hand, locked the car, held her hand gently and entered the office.

He reached the reception. "Stella, ASR is on leave today. Forward me, if any important calls comes up."

Tina came to him by then and greeted Aman.
" Tina, clear ASR's schedule for the day. He is at Mumbai for the business meet. I will handle the other meetings from AR itself as planned."

"Yes Sir."

Even though the staff including Stella snd Tina noticed the petite girl in floral frock besides Aman, they knew better to not ask him.
Aman reached his cabin. Kept Khushi's backpack on the coffee table. Sat her on the sofa.