"You need to just worry about how you're gonna tell mama and your health," Carson told her. "As for Sam, I'll handle him,"

***

Morgan let prayed silently once again as she took a seat at one of the vacant visitation tables. This was her first time in the facility and her nerves were pretty bad. She didn't want her visit to become a blank trip if Carson turned her away, however she didn't think she could live with herself if she returned to London without attempting to see her big brother.

To fill in the waiting time, she absentmindedly plucked the excess lint off of her nude knitted sweater that she rolled up to her wrist. All the lint she picked was enough to roll into a tiny little ball she rolled between her fingertips.

Morgan was so absorbed in lint picking that she hadn't even noticed Carson stood before her getting unchained from the multiple cuffs they restrained him in. He was restrained far more than Anthony and Carson ever had, that alone was worrisome.

"Whassup kid," He greeted her, sliding into the bench across from her.

Morgan jolted her head up, her eyes as wide as ever at the sight of her big brother. He looked like an entirely different person, but he was still Carson nonetheless.

Reaching across the short table, Morgan lunged herself into Carson's arms. The embrace was so tight and close that she could feel the vibrations of his chuckles. "I thought I would never see you again," He let out.

That confession triggered a string of emotions from Morgan. Tears welled up in her eyes while her heart ached.

"I'm sorry," She apologized.

Carson shook his head no indicating that the apology was useless. "No need Mo, I understand, life don't stop because I decided to fuck up mine,"

"Don't say that," She quickly spewed out. "You didn't mess up anything, you didn't do anything," It was sad that she even had to remind him of such. It was almost as if she had to convince him to believe in the truth.

Carson exalted out a chuckle. "I been in here so long Mo, I don't remember what I did honestly, "He shrugged his shoulders.

That saddened Morgan. In her heart, she truly wanted to believe her brother hadn't done what he was getting accused of, however, everything was pointing to him. A court case wouldn't be reliable if it only depended on the suspect's word. Carson got the short end of the stick in this situation and not even he could figure how the fuck he could maneuver out of it.

"This is my fault, I'm so sorry Carson," She apologized. She had always felt like the situation was all brought over them because of her. If she had just cut all ties with Sam after high school no one would be where they were today.

Carson shook his head no. "Nah Morg, this ain't you, this all me,"

"Stop taking the blame for something you didn't do Carson," She sighed out in frustration.

Carson sat back in his seat. "Whass good wit' you? I heard you done moved out of New Orleans and went to London,"

Morgan nodded her head subtly. "It's honestly the biggest mistake I made in my life," She confesses while placing her hand in the table. Her wedding ring bulged into sight causing Carson to furrow his brows.