Falling for him

The chilling winter breeze blew Lua's soft blonde hair so that it gently ticked her bare shoulders as she stared over the bridge at the icy water below, her pale skin covered in goosebumps as she traced the bricks of the bridge with her fingertips, eyes focused on the quickly flowing river.

The frail woman carefully managed to lift her feeble body up onto the edge of the bridge where she glanced down at her bruised bare feet, tears glistening in her sapphire eyes as she smoothed the skirt of her long blue dress.

She breathed softly, watching the flow of the water before closing her eyes and sighing quietly to herself and whispering. "Goodbye..."

Lua was about to let herself fall to her death before she felt a forceful grip clamp around her forearm, she opened her teary eyes and turned her head to see a blonde man dressed in a suit. "You know, doll face, ya look real good in blue." The male said, his hold on her arm tightening as she gasped. His lips curled up into a small smirk and he looked up at her. "I just gave you a compliment, aren't you gonna thank me, baby?" He questioned,

brows furrowing into a frown.

The woman blinked in surprise and then quietly murmured. "T-Thank you, mister..." Her eyes continued to gleam with tears although none spilled down her cheeks which were flushed pink by the cold.

She could feel warmth radiating from the man holding her arm and she felt her legs go weak, she collapsed into his arms, her eyes closing slowly as she inhaled his musky scent.

Ladd's lips stretched into a smirk once more as he held the young woman to his chest, looking down at her. "I think you just fell for me, sweet cheeks."