"I'm here because of what's going on with you and my daughter," she said darkly.

I almost peed my pants right there and then. "Umm . . . I-I can explain!"

"No need. I get the gist-"

"Did you just say gist?"

She gave a low growl.

"Sorry, I'll shut up."

"Thank you, now as I've said earlier, I know what is happening with you and Katie and I think you'll know that I'm very . . ."

Oh Gods, here it comes . . .

"Unpleased, to say the least." She then folded her arms over her chest and looked at me with a thoughtful expression.

I stared at her blankly.

Blink.

Blink.

" . . . What?"

"What do you mean, ‘what’? I said, I'm unhappy about you and Katie together! What's so hard to understand?!"

"I figured that! Why do you think I've been avoiding wheat fields for so long?"

She raised an eyebrow at me.

I nervously cleared my throat, "Uhm . . . The point is . . . I mean, uhm . . . isn't there more to your rage?"

She looked confused, "What?"

"I mean, like, wouldn't you turn me into a cockroach and then step on me repeatedly for 'deliberately hooking up with your daughter' and such?"

She stared at me, uncomprehending my rushed crazy-talk.

"Look, I just thought there was usually more to this whole goddess' being mad at you. You get on their bad side and they turn you into an animal or just plain beat you up. At least that's what Percy said . . ."

"Oh, Travis. I'm not going to beat you up! Although, I would prefer so, but I made that stupid pact with Katie . . ." she grumbled to herself.

I took another step back, "Okay, then why exactly are you here again?"

She sighed, "Well since Katie made me swear on the Styx, I guess there is nothing better to do than warn you."

"Warn me?" I asked cautiously. I was really hoping she wasn't going to say something like Katie is actually a hellhound, but you know demigod luck. I guess from this point I can only hope she's a pretty hellhound . . .

"You know, about the pregnancy."

Pregnancy

Pregnancy

Pregnancy

I little part of my soul died right then and there.

" . . . What?"

My voice came out three octaves higher than normal.

"About the baby of course!"

"I'm sorry did you just say-"

"Baby, pregnancy, Katie is pregnant! Di immortalis, how could Katie have ever fallen for an idiot like you!"

I pushed her insult aside, "But how are you sure? I mean, I used protection! Isn't there like a 97% that it works and only 3% that it doesn't? I can't be that unlucky." I started nervously laughing as I looked at Demeter to respond. She just gave me a smug look that almost made me pee my pants, not even considering the fact that I've been holding in my pee for the past ten minutes we've been talking.