Chapter 1

"I shouldn't even be here……..”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning was cool unlike a normal morning in the beginning of August. It felt a little different from normal, but it was manageable with just the right clothing. The new cool air seemed somewhat thick and stuffy from the coolness it impacted me with when I first woke up, but that could just be from not being used to the cooler air for a long period of time.

As I slowly flung my legs gently over my bed, the covers making that same soft wrinkling noise they made when getting out of bed in the morning, I groggily made my way over to my closet, picked out an outfit suited well enough for today's events and dressed myself accordingly. As I dressed I thought of the plans for today. Those plans were to prepare become the next ruler of the Kingdom in the morning, take a trip to sea for a couple of hours in the afternoon and to celebrate my coming of age, meaning my 20th birthday with a party later on in the day.

After I dressed accordingly, I slowly walked over to the double gold decorated doors that lead in and out of my room, reached for the golds door knob on the black door and opened them, while expecting to run into my little sister like normal. To my surprise however, the impact of her ramming her head as well as her book into my chest never happened this morning. Instead she stood, waiting outside of my doors with her book in her hands her eyes fixated on the book that she always reads.

“On the day of the prince's 20th birthday he will meet the one that will become his lover, his life, his soulmate. However there was one thing that would keep the prince from marrying them, the person that the prince falls in love with wouldn't be a human but instead a beautiful mermaid from deep below in the depths of the ocean.” She spoke softly as she read the words from her book at the post that she chose outside of my bedroom doors while my eyebrows furrowed in confusion at her words.

“Your just making that up just like you have made up other things you've mentioned from that book of yours. There's no way what you just told me was written and published into that stupid book of yours.Your not a child anymore, no one is really going to fall for what you say much now a days anyways No matter how many times you keep repeating stuff.” I responded as she looked up at me with the same large teal eyes that she shared with our mother.

“No I'm not lying!! Brother, it is in my book!! I'll show you that I don't need to grow up and that I'm not making up everything that I say!! I can prove it and I'll prove you wrong!! ” She exclaimed as her eyes went wider than what they already were as she quickly walked over to me with her book held tightly in her small hands. She then quickly flipped the book around to meet it with my eyes and pointed out the line that was written in the book. I quickly read over the passage that she had read to me but it still didn't make much sense to me.

“Even though it's published in a book, it can be a work of fiction especially if it's the one that's currently in your hands.” I responded as she puffed her cheeks in frustration and stomped her foot in defeat meaning I had one the battle over that dumb book of hers once more.

She eventually moved from in front of me to let me out from my place just in front of my bedroom doors, but as I was walking away the Lolita clad princess opened her mouth once more before giving me a break for silence.

“Hey Kashuu, you are going to be falling in love with a mermaid today so brace yourself for a ride of emotions that you have never felt before. The feelings will be some of the strongest feelings you will ever feel in your life when you meet the one you're destined to be with. Mermaids are mysterious beings who can bewitch you with just their looks alone. I'd be careful if I were you when you walk on the beach tonight.” My sister stated as I took everything she had just said as nonsense and continued my way down the long hallway to the dinning hall.