Chapter 1

Mae's P.O.V

"Matthew just stop all ready. You've done enough."  I had said as he grabbed my wrists.

"No. I dont want to lose you again."  i pulled back my arms and backed away. All I remember is a light and Matthew screaming my name.

5 months before*

"Mae Johnson! Did you hear what i just said?" Mr. Franklin called.

"Um yeah......?" I said but it came out as more of a question.

"I'll let you off with a warning this time, but if I see it again, detention. Got that?"

"Yes Mr.Franklin." The bell had rang which meant that class was over.

"Dont foret to bring in your Permission Slip to go to Washington tommorow."

Crap. I forgot that my mom didnt sign it. When she comes home from work she'll just have to.

"Hey,Hey,Hey! exclaimed my friend Isabel."

"Hey. How was science with Mr. Gordy?"

"The usual. Same old. Same old. Poor frogs."

"Well aren't you excited to go to Washington?" I asked.

"Ehh, unless theres cute boys i dont see any reason behind it."

We burst out laughing. I swear my friend is obsessed with boys since like the age of five. She was never the kid who thought boys had cooties. But come to think of it shes never had a boyfriend. Wierd.

"I completly forgot i had to go to the library today Iz."

"Ugh library your on your own there. I gotta zoom moms making dinner. see ya!"

"Bye!"

As I made my way to the library i reached in my pockets and took my library card out. Once I entered the library i went to the romance section. If only my love life would be like these love stories. I decided to take a couple of books because its thurday which means its reading day. Since I had a stack of books i could barely see anything. Next thing you know I bumped into someone and as soon as i saw who it was I froze.

It was.... Matthew Espinosa. My worst enemy.

A/N So heres the first chapter you guys so excited. tell me what you think bc i want to hear your thoughts on the book so far. ooooh suspense gong on with Mae and Matthew. what will happen? next chapter is next week. love y'all annaxx