Chapter 2

Sitting down in my seat -that's in the farthest corner- I open my journal, jotting down the notes on the board. Only to raise my head ever few sentences. SNAP!

Crap, my pencil broke. Standing up, I walk to the other side of class- " Did you hear? " Hear what? I think to myself. Calculating the events that have happened in the last week, my mind blanks out.

"What?" Curiosity getting the better off me. "There is a new student, I think his name....Ethaniel Lokirt ?" She didn't sound to sure of her answer, "Oh..okay then." Without saying another word, I pulled out "To Kill a Mockingbird" my favorite novel.

The bell rings signaling the end of second block. Jumping up, startled my the sudden (expected, but sudden none the less ) noise I gathered my book, notes, and pen. Me being the imbecile I am walked out of the class, not paying attention. I was looking down when suddenly I ran into someone, knocking me and my books to the floor.

"Are you alright?" the mystery guy asks, but before I can answer all I can hear it murmurs of people saying things like, "Ew, why is he concerned for the loner nerd?" Without answering, I stand up and walk away, sadly without noticing my phone had fallen out of my bag.