A Rocky Start

Peter Parker Stark was a pretty interesting guy if anyone was to be completely honest. He had extreme intelligence that would rival his father's, he was good at keeping fit, he was a fan of the popular franchise Star Wars and he was pretty darn good looking.

In the two years since he announced to the world that he was the son of Tony Stark and fiancé to the amazing Michelle Jones his life had taken a completely unusual turn.

No longer wad he the quiet nerd that sat alone at lunch with his three friends. Now he is the most popular guy in school even though he'd rather be completely unnoticed by all.

He was even swarmed by paparazzi whenever he went out anywhere with Michelle, Ned or Betty. It was annoying at first but Peter got used to it and whenever he said he'd had enough most of the reporters and paparazzi would respect him and leave him alone.

But today he just wanted to be left alone and just be unnoticed by all. Today he turned eighteen and today he was feeling absolutely no joy about the occasion. He felt grief. He felt the longing that his mother and father, Richard and Mary Parker, along with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben could be here to see him on his eighteenth birthday.

Peter lay awake on his bed in Stark Tower staring up at the ceiling waiting for the alarm to go off to alert him to wake up. His head swam with memories of his family the Parkers. It brought tears to his eyes and he let them fall silently. He remembered his mother Mary bringing out a Darth Vader birthday cake for him when he was four, he remembered his father singing out of tune to "Happy Birthday," he also remembered every single birthday he had with his Aunt and Uncle.

His Aunt May would bake a cake which tasted awful and Uncle Ben would play eighties music on the stereo while singing along and dancing along with Peter. It was a fun way to celebrate.

Peter sniffed a little as he remembered his fifteenth birthday. It was his first birthday after Uncle Ben had been shot. His Aunt May baked the cake and as usual it tasted awful. But there was no eighties music, there was no singing and there was no dancing. But they did spend the time talking about their favourite memories of Ben. It was a sad but good birthday. But even now after having spent a birthday without May. This one hurt more. He was turning eighteen and none of them would see him.

The thoughts became too much as Peter began to cry, this time he couldn't hold back the sobs. He let it go (and yes that is a frozen pun so don't sue me). He wasn't holding it back anymore (yes the frozen puns do keep coming).

The door to his room opened and his family came in wearing party hats and smiles. But the smiles faded when they saw Peter in floods of tears. Immediately Tony went into full dad mode and rushed to hus sons side yo comfort him. Pepper joined him as well and began running her hands through Peter's hair trying to calm him. Wanda sat down as well and began saying comforting words to her little brother.

"What's wrong Pete?" asked Tony with clear cut concern in his eyes. Pepper and Wanda had the exact same expressions etched onto their facial features.

Peter sniffed and rubbed his eyes a bit, "my parents, my Aunt and Uncle should be here. But they aren't. I miss them."

Tony immediately understood and pulled Peter into a comforting hug.

"It's okay son, they are here with you. They're in your heart bud...they always will be," said Tony softly.

Peter tightened the hug a little before letting go and standing up. He smiles at his family.

"You guys are awesome," he said with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

Tony and Pepper couldn't help but smile back at their son and his immediate bounce back ability. He was truly amazing.

"Well happy birthday Peter," said Wanda with a smile before ruffling his hair and leaving his room with a twinkle in her eyes.

Tony and Pepper gave him a quick hug, "Happy Birthday," they both said in unison.

Then they left him to his own devices. Peter sighs as the door closes and puts on his Spider-Man suit. Once the suit is on he pulls his clothes over the top of it and tucks the mask into his pocket along with his gloves. His web shooters are placed around his wrists ready for anything.

All he had to do was make it through today.

Peter trudged into the kitchen to find some bacon and eggs on the counter waiting for him. He smiled and ate ravenously before noticing a note on the counter.

"Hey Pete,

Your mom and I are heading out for a little while, we will see you when you get back from school. I've also got the keys to your car. Been working on an upgrade so Happy will take you to school.

Happy Birthday and love you lots,

Dad."

Peter shrugged and set the not back down, then he jumped when he heard a cough behind him.

He turned to see Happy smiling at him. But he returned the smile with a frown.

"Don't do that Uncle Happy! You know I hate it when you sneak up on me," said Peter with a small pout.

"Yeah but its always funny for me," chuckled Happy in response to Peter's whining.

"Let's just go," said Peter bitterly. Something in his tone must've caught Happy as he placed a hand on Peter's shoulder.

"What's wrong kiddo?" he asked softly with deep concern.

Peter bit his lip in fear that he'd cry again like he did earlier. But he felt a single tear fall and ended up telling Happy everything.

Peter was pulled into a hug by Happy who simply patted his back in a soothing way.

"You okay now Pete?" asked Happy in a low soothing voice. Peter smiled to him.

"Yeah I'm Happy right now," snickers Peter in return as he head to the elevator to go down to the garage.

"Smart ass," mumbles Happy as he turns to follow Peter down to the garage as well.

One thing was certain. This was going to be the most interesting birthday yet.