The damn things she'd do for this dog! Letting him eat the rest of her burrito because he's staring at her is one thing, but trespassing in a gated community is a whole other ordeal that she hardly thinks anyone would side with her on. Hell, the day she finds someone who would side with her on it, was most likely the day she found her soulmate.

That's why it really sucks that she's sat here on the sidewalk with two scraped knees, one bloody with a droplet caressing her skin and staining it a hue of red, because not only is she a far ways from her first aid kit, but she also had to work her way up and down a hill, leaving full potential for all sort of bacteria and germs to latch onto her. The thought makes her shudder – microbiology really did her in for it last semester – and she's just about to give herself up to Niall so that he could come to get her and bring a band-aid with him when something startles her.

By something, she means someone, and by someone she means what appears to be a child who looked awful familiar, maybe three or four gaping at her with wide eyes, "Oh no," he says through a sniffle, waddling forward, away from a ball that slips off into the street and reaching out for Eeyore, patting gently at his fur but staring at Y/N like she might be on her way out, "Yous got a ouchie," he points at her knee and she nods, eyes scanning the area to see if anyone might be around to claim him.

"Yeah," she pouts her mouth, brows tipping in, "Took a bit of a tumble, but I'll be alright. What's your name?"

His little face is still twisted with concern, looking from her scrape, to her face, "Teddy," he snuffles again – that sticky little kid snuffle that is permanent for some reason on every child – "My real name is T'eodor' but Daddy calls me Teddy 'cos. ..'cos" he thinks for a second, holding his hand out and wiggling his fingers like he's counting before stretching them all out again, and grinning that he's remembered, "Tha's my nickname."

Y/N nods and smiles, figuring that right now she isn't allowed to be the baby that she wants to be and whine over her scratched knee because there is an actual child standing in front of her, with no guardian, meaning she was responsible for him until she could find one, "Well, Teddy, that's a great name! I'm Y/N. Where is your Daddy at? We have to go tell him he's smart for naming you that."

He points at the house they're beside, that has a door swung wide open, and she's beginning to piece together what had led the little one out here, "There. S'this doggy, yours?" He crouches down again, awkwardly petting at Eeyore, but Eeyore merely licks and laps at his fingers while Teddy giggles.

"Yes, this is my doggy. His name is Eeyore." She scratches Eeyore's bum afterward, "He's a bit cross with me 'cos of the fall, but he seems to like you very much! You must be able to talk to doggies right?" Y/N begins to push herself to a stand, talking to him like she would any of the little ones in her family, and watches as he nods his head eagerly, "Well it seems to me you're a very special little guy. We should probably get you back to your Daddy so that he doesn't worry too much that such a cool son has up and ran off."

Theodore – or Teddy – begins to stand up with her, but before they could make any moves, there is a sharp cry of his name from a very familiar sounding voice. It's when Y/N turns to the left, towards the house that the boy had pointed at and claimed was his own, that she sees Harry Styles tripping over his feet across the yard to them. Or, what she called him, Mr. Styles, when she was sending him off with flowers from the floral shop she works as a summer job. The tall, very gorgeous businessman with striking green eyes, soft looking curls that she had only daydreamed once or twice about threading her fingers through, and a jawline made for modeling.

"Teddy," he begins, his brows knitted in, voice sturdy in his scolding, "What did Daddy say about going outside without anyone?"

Teddy looks beside himself, pouting deeply and looking down at the ground with a sour face, "Daddy say s'dangerous, 'cos I might get smushed by a car," he responds, turning to her with a very sincere look on his face, "M'not good at lookin' bof ways."