Chapter 17: Births and Beginnings

Start from the beginning

Uma smiled as she held her daughter. "She's beautiful Harry." He nodded as he kissed her cheek. "Just like her mother." Uma chuckled as the doctor finished cleaning up and settling her back into bed. As the nurse left, Mal poked her head in the door. "May we come in?" Uma nodded. "Of course." Mal walked into the room followed by Ben, Jay, Lonnie, Carlos, Jane, Evie, Doug, Ryan, Ruby, and Quinn. Once everyone was gathered inside, Mal asked the question on everyone's mind. "So what's her name?"

Harry and Uma shared a knowing smile. "Well," Uma began. "We wanted her name to be unique but we had a hard time deciding on a middle name. However, I think I've figured it out." Harry turned to her in surprise. "You have?" She smiled and nodded. "Everyone, meet Ulma Jessica Hook." He stared at her with wide eyes. "Ye named her after my mom. Why?" Uma smiled as she rocked Ulma. "I know how important your mom is to you. I figured allowing our daughter to carry on her name would be a simple tribute to her." Harry's eyes sparkled as he played with his daughter's hand. "Ulma Jessica Hook, I love it."

"I'm glad." Uma replied, gazing down at Ulma with a sad smile. "The question now is, who will be her godparents?" Evie walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "That's not a question to worry about right now. I'm sure you will decide on someone." Harry sighed. "Ye don't understand. We did decide. Gil... Gil was supposed to be her Godfather." Silence filled the room as Harry's words sunk in. However, Quinn gave a small smile as she softly spoke. "Gil would love to be her Godfather."

Harry opened his mouth respond when a voice cut him off. "She's right, I would." Uma and Harry's heads whipped towards the doorway as their eyes widened in disbelief at the sight them. "G-Gil?" Uma stuttered out, still in shock. He nodded walking into the room. "It's me." Harry shook himself out of his stunned state and pulled him into a hug. "You're alive! We thought you were dead mate. How are you here?"

Gil chuckled as he pulled himself out of Harry's grasp. "I was dead Harry, but Ruby brought me back." The couple turned to the blonde haired princess. "You saved him?" Uma asked. Ruby nodded as she twirled her braided hair. "I did. Turns out I have my mother's magic. I never knew until today". Harry scratched his head. "You have magic? What kind of magic and save a person's life?" Ruby smiled. "Why don't I just tell you the story of what happened?"

2 Hours Earlier

Ruby rushed into the castle desperate to find her friend. "Where's Quinn!?" She asked, looking around at all the faces in the room. Lonnie stepped forward with a saddened expression. "Down the hall, last door on the right. Fair warning, it's not a pretty sight." Ruby nodded as she raced down the hall. When she reached the room, she was met by a heartbreaking sight.

"Oh Quinn." Ruby whispered, kneeling beside her as she pulled her into a hug. "I'm so sorry." Quinn sniffled as she pulled away to look up at Ruby. "That makes three." She whispered. Ruby was confused at her words until the realization hit her. "Today's the day your mom and brother died." She gasped. "Oh Quinn."

"I lost my mom too, and now my baby brother." Tony said softly as he sat next to Quinn. "You're not in this alone." Quinn choked out another sob as Tony pulled her into a hug. "My brother loved you very much. I can't replace him, but I'll do my best to be there for you. Gus and I both will. I promise."

Ruby's heart broke as she watched the two of them. Both had already lost people close to them and now, had lost another. She moved away from the two to examine Gil's lifeless body. It was clear he'd been stabbed in the heart. The scene reminded her of her parents' story except her dad had been stabbed in the abdomen. He had died, but her mother's tears had been able to release the magic that saved him even though her hair had been cut.