"Bex?" 

"I do," she replied softly, letting out a sigh, "Maybe one day."

"I'll buy you it," Roger said, taking her hand as she started walking again, "I'll buy you anything you want."

"Roger," she whispered.

"I Roger Meddows Taylor, promise you, Rebecca...do you have a middle name?"

"It's Anne," she giggled.

"Okay, promise you, Rebecca Anne Jackson, that I, as soon as I am able to, will buy that dress in the window for you."

She stood up on her tiptoes to give him a soft kiss, "You're too sweet." 

"I mean it," he said again, wanting to make sure that she believed him. 

"I know you do," she grinned, "Now, can we get something to eat? I'm starving."

He threw her arm around her shoulders, "Chips?"

"You read my mind."

||-||

They returned back to his flat at around five, hearing as he unlocked his door that the phone was ringing.

"Hurry up!" Rebecca said excitedly, "It could be something important about the band!"

"I'm trying!" he laughed, finally succeeding in getting the door open and he rushed to pick up the phone, almost tripping over his rug, which made Rebecca laugh too. 

She started unpacking the shopping that they'd picked up; just little bits like teabags and such, turning when he said her name. 

"It's for you," he held the phone out to her, "It's Steven."

Steven was her landlord and she quickly put the biscuits she was holding down and crossed the room, thanking him quietly when he lifts the chord for her to duck under. 

"Here she is, Steven. Yeah, I'll just pass you over."

"Steven?" she smiled, "Hi! Yeah..."

Roger finished putting their shopping away, leaning against the worktop when he was done to watch her. 

"So it's fixed?" Rebecca asked and a frown tugged at his lips, "Mhmm, yeah, that's fine. Thanks, Steven. I appreciate it." 

She hung up the phone, turning to him with a small smile, "That's the water situation is fixed."

"So you can go back to your place?" 

"I can," she nodded, pulling the sleeves of her jumper down over her hands, "I'll be out of your way." 

"Hey," he scolded softly, "Don't say it like that. You know you're in no way a burden to me. You're anything but."

He didn't want her to go. He didn't care how sappy that made him sound. He didn't. He wanted her to stay here with him. 

"I'd better get my stuff together," she whispered, passing by him with a small smile but he caught hold of her arm. 

But he didn't say anything. He couldn't. 

"Rog?" Rebecca asked, "Are you okay?"

He finally nodded, "Yeah. I'll come help you."

He was silent as they packed up her small case, which worried her. 

Why was he being so quiet? 

He only cracked a smile when she threw something at him and he realised that it was his shirt that she'd taken to wearing to bed. 

"Here," he whispered, handing it back to her.

"What? No, Roger,"

"It's yours," he insisted, "Take it home with you." 

||-||

That night, after having a bath in her own flat, Rebecca put Roger's shirt on, grabbed a book and put on one of her David Bowie albums before she fell down onto the couch with a sigh. 

She got through maybe five pages before her phone was ringing on the table behind her and without looking up from the book, she felt around until she managed to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, love." it was Roger and she couldn't help but smile. 

"Hi," she whispered, sinking down in the seat, "You must be missing me. I only left a couple of hours ago." 

"I do," he said quietly, "It doesn't feel right you being so far away. Kinda liked having you here, y'know?" 

"Yeah?" she asked. 

"Yeah," he repeated, "You know, I was thinking...it doesn't make any sense on you paying rent on your place now. I mean, you're always over here, aren't you?"

Rebecca felt her heart flutter, "Roger, what are you saying?" 

"I'm saying that I want you to move in with me." she knew that he was smiling, "Should have asked you before you left but-"

"Yes," she cut him off, giggling down the phone, "Yes, Roger. I'll move in with you."