Chapter 36 - The Announcement Video

Começar do início

"Great, keep going." He egged me on. I took another deep breath.

"I moved to London." I revealed. "I have always loved this country and this city, as a lot of you know. It's the country of many of my favorite TV shows and bands so it shouldn't be a complete surprise that I moved here, honestly." I chuckled at my own joke, hoping to lighten the mood a little bit. I talked for a little more about moving to London and the process of getting here, but I needed to get to the big reveal or none of this would make any sense. "Now, I said I would get to why I moved here. And I will. But, there is something else I need to say first." I took a couple deep breaths. "I'm really nervous guys," I said, aimed at the audience. "I have...a boyfriend." The second the word left my lips a huge smile ran across my face. I slapped my hand over my mouth to hide it, but it was already recorded for the world to see. "Oh my god, that felt so weird to say in front of a camera." I looked over at Joe who was smiling from ear to ear. "I have a boyfriend and I love him like crazy and hopefully he loves me just as much," I gestured my hand towards him and he nodded aggressively. "He's over there and he nodded," I said, informing the audience. "Um...we've been dating for about six months and we met through a mutual friend. Remember the friend that I said I was catching up with in LA, yeah, he set us up. And I can't thank him enough for it." I smiled at Joe again. I straightened myself in my seat. "His name is Joe and he's an actor. And I'm here with him because he's filming a movie. We didn't want to be in a long distance relationship for six months, so I decided to come here with him so we would be together." I gave him a small smile. "So here he is,"

I gestured my hand to Joe, waving him to come on the couch with me. He got up from his chair and walked over slowly, making sure he looked as good as he could in front of the camera. He seemed a little bit uncomfortable even though he had spent his whole life in front of a camera, acting in many wonderful movies. He sat down next to me and placed his hands on his legs.

"Hi," he waved at the camera. I looked at him and then back to the camera. I felt his eyes on me and I turned back to him. We locked eyes and started to laugh. I leaned my head on his shoulder for a quick second and then went back to talking to the camera.

"This is Joe," I said.

"Correct," he responded. I gave him a quick look and then turned back to the camera.

"He is my boyfriend and he is an actor. He's actually a very well established actor. And some of you might already know who he is and some of you might have no idea who he is, but I'm sure you know him. He was in The Pacific which was a show on HBO that Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg produced. He was in Simon Birch, which was another fantastic movie. But, probably," I started giggling through my words as Joe smiled over at me. "the most memorable role you had was in...Jurassic Park." Joe threw his hands on his face like he was shocked. "Yes, that's right. I bagged myself the little boy from Jurassic Park." I laughed. "Joe has been acting forever and he's in another movie, that's filming right now that I mentioned, and it will be his best one yet. I can already guarantee that."

"Aw, thanks, babe." He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh, and also, this isn't his usual hair," I pointed at his head. Joe reached up and ran his hand through it. I chuckled. "He needed to have it permed for the movie, so this is what his normal hair looks like." I had planned on adding in a photo of Joe from some red carpet event to let the people know what he would normally look like.

"Yeah, trust me, I hate it as much as you do," he joked towards me and the audience. I smiled and let out a light laugh.

"Is there anything you want to say to them?" I asked him.

"No, not really. I'm sure I'll see a lot of questions in the comments, so I'll just answer those." He talked to me the whole time and not the camera, but it just made everything more authentic that way.

"Alright," I chuckled. "Well, I think that's it from me today. I'll probably be having a Q&A stream tonight, the day that this comes out, to answer any questions you have, because I know there are going to be questions. Ok, bye!" I waved at the camera and Joe followed suit.

"And cut," he said, clapping his hands together and chuckling. I slumped back in the chair and looked at him. I put my hands over my face and he leaned back as well and hugged me, even in my awkward position. He started kissing my face and hands, trying to push my hands out of the way. He pulled away as I pulled my hands from my face.

"Okay," I said as I got up and I started toward the camera to turn it off. Joe had grabbed my waist and pulled me down onto him and the couch. My legs draped over his lap and my butt landed on the couch. He kissed me on the lips quickly.

"I think that went well," he said.

"Well, we have to see what the response is first," I replied. He let go of me and I turned the camera off. I looked over at Joe and he seemed to be beaming. I pushed the tripod and camera to the corner of the room. We sat and watched some random shows and cuddled until it was time for bed.