Chapter 36 - The Announcement Video

Start from the beginning

"You did...what?" His tone of voice was more serious. He was a bit mad with me, and with good reason. I let out another sigh.

"I know I wasn't supposed to be up there, but I just couldn't help myself. I've watched that concert so many times and I can't tell you how much I've wanted to play that piano and have just a taste of the life those guys had. That's why I started performing for my fans. So, I could have a little, tiny taste of that rock star life. I think everyone wants a taste of that life. I just couldn't help myself. I'm sorry. I know I could have put your job at risk if someone caught me, and I would have felt so terrible if that happened. But it didn't, thank God. Because Brian was up there, and no one else." I stopped talking and waited for a response. We had gotten into small fights before, but they had never really gone anywhere. They were mainly because of miscommunication or forgetting something, so I was prepared for a reprimanding from him. But, it didn't happen.

"I don't like that you did that." I put my head down. "But, you got in good with Brian, so you must have done something right. And you're right. If you were caught, I would have been responsible. So, I'm glad Brian was the only one up there too. And I will take you to set when you want to go, but I guess I need to keep a close eye on you the whole time," he laughed. I laughed too. He set his glass down on the counter and came over to me. He put his hands on my thighs and tried to look in my eyes while my head was still down. "Hey," he said and I looked up at him. "It's okay. I get it. Hell, I once sat in Spielberg's directing chair when no one was looking." I chuckled softly. "I get it. I don't like that you did it. But, I get it." I threw my hands around his neck and we hugged.

"Thanks, and I'm sorry." I kissed his cheek as his hands grabbed at the excess fabric around my body in the hug.

"Well, you get to come to set more often, so I guess it was a win-win for everyone," He laughed as he pulled away from the hug. He put his hand on my cheek for a second and then pulled away. "Are we gonna film that video tonight?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, if you're up for it," I replied.

"I am." He said. "But, you don't look too ready for it," He pointed his finger up and down my body, pointing out my lack of pants and the sweater that let my bra strap take precedence on my shoulder. I laughed.

"I guess I'll go change. I'll meet you in the living room in like, 15 minutes." He nodded and we left the kitchen. I changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants, still comfortable clothes, but they were more presentable on camera. I grabbed my camera and tripod out of their bags and I brought them with me into the living room. Joe was sitting on the couch watching whatever I left on the TV. Some sort of cooking show. I set up my camera and tripod to face the couch. I asked Joe to sit on another chair in the room so the video would begin with just me in the frame. I made sure everything was perfect. The only thing I didn't have were my bulky lights from home so the lighting would be a little off. I sat on the couch after I pressed the record button.

"Are you ready?" I asked him.

"Are we going already?" He shot back. He was worried and I could tell.

"Well, it's rolling, but I'll just edit this out." He took a sigh of relief and he sat back in his chair. "I'll cue you for when you should come sit next to me, okay?"

"Okay," he responded. He had been an actor all his life, so I hoped that he would be okay being on camera with me. But this was uncharted territory for him and I could tell he was nervous. I took a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm gonna start now." Joe nodded and sat back a little more in his chair. He liked watching me film, but he rarely got to see me just talk to a camera like this. "Well, this is different," I said as I gestured around the room. "There have been a lot of things that I've been keeping from you guys. So, the title didn't lie that this was a big update. Like a really big update." I had planned on titling the video as such. You needed those clickbait titles sometimes. "First things first, there will still be videos coming out every week and there might be a few vlogs thrown in here and there as well. I know you guys want some more of those, and they're coming." I took a breath. "Okay, that was the easiest update to say. Onto the next one. I moved again. Not permanently, but just for about 6 months." I slowed my speech down. I wanted my fans to understand every word I was saying and I didn't want there to be any confusion. "I came out here for a reason, and we will get to that in a second, but I will be here for six months. That means that sadly, I can't do any concerts until after I get back. This kind of came up suddenly, so I understand if you are angry or mad at me for it. I get it." I stopped a beat and looked over at Joe, he was smiling at the words he used earlier on me. "How am I doing so far?" I asked him.