Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices

Start from the beginning

"No!" Audrey screamed as she hurled more fireballs and beams of magic at them. However, a magic barrier had formed around the girls as they continue to chant. "By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!By the power of three, release the scepter and set her free!" As they said it for the last time the scepter flew from Audrey's hands and headed straight for Mal. She released her hold on the girl's hands and grab the scepter. As she touched it, a purple light shot out of the scepter and surrounded her.

Everyone shielded their eyes as the glow intensified. Suddenly, in a burst of sparkling light, Mal appeared and magic swirled around the room and out of the castle, spreading across the kingdom. Mal was now wearing a purple dress with green dragon designs and high collar. A gold crown with purple and black Stones rested on her head. The scepter too, had also transformed. It was now white and sported a purple gem.

 It was now white and sported a purple gem

"Mal!" Ben yelled as he pulled her into a hug

"Mal!" Ben yelled as he pulled her into a hug. "Ben thank goodness." She sighed, returning the hug. "What happened?" They all looked over to see Audrey back to her normal self sitting on the floor. "It's a long story, but basically you went evil and tried to conquer Auradon." Jane sighed, helping her up. "I did?" Audrey gasped. They all nodded as Audrey sat down in a chair. "Yeah, but it's all over." Ben sighed in relief.
🌟
Tony had his back against the wall as he held back an attacking guard. His grip on his sword was faltering, but suddenly the guards eyes changed back to normal as he looked around in confusion. "What happened?" The guard asked. Tony was about to reply when he felt someone grab his arm. He looked down to see Quinn with fear-filled eyes. "Help... Gill..." She whimpered tugging at his arm. Tony nodded as she started running down the hall. He took off after her and seeing the commotion, everyone else followed.
🌟
Mal made her way downstairs with Jane, Uma, Audrey, and Ben close behind. "What's going on?" She asked Carlos, who was following everyone down the hall. "I'm not sure," he admitted. "But Quinn and Tony ran this way."
🌟
Tony followed Quinn to a room at the end of the hall. He watched as she froze in the doorway and released a horrified scream, before darting inside. Tony made his way to the door, his heart shattering when he saw the scene inside. Quinn was hunched-over Gil's lifeless body sobbing, as blood poured from his chest. Beside her, Chad sat frozen in disbelief as he stared at the bloody dagger in his hand.

"Gil no!" Tony cried out, racing to his brother's side. He pressed his ear to Gil's bloody chest and tears poured from his eyes when he heard no heartbeat inside. He sat up and glared at the prince in front of him. "You killed him!" Chad flinched at Tony's words as he released his own tears. "I-I don't know what happened. When I woke up the k-knife was in my hand and he was on the f-floor. I never wanted... I never meant..." Chad choked out.
🌟
Carlos was about to ask Mal about her new look when a scream came from down the hall. "Come on!" Mal yelled, running in the direction of the scream. They pushed their way through to the front of the crowd that had gathered in the small room, freezing at the scene before them. "Oh no." Uma gasped as Harry wrapped his arms around her, muttering quietly. "He's gone."

Everyone stood in silence with tear-filled eyes as they watched Tony hold his brother's hand as Quinn pressed her forehead to Gil's. "I love you." She sobbed quietly, making everyone's hearts drop. One of the guards stepped forward and pressed his fingers to Gil's neck. A look of sadness crossed his face as he removed his helmet and announced what most of them already knew. "He's dead."

Author's Note

*Peaks out from behind bedroom door*

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! The battle is over. Please don't kill me.

*Shuts door and the sound of multiple locks locking can be heard*

                        -Meloetta246