16:: Mission Begins

Začít od začátku

It was almost 6 years before or so. When the trio were in Pre-degree school. Arnav was among the 3 who had passed the prelims of a scholarship exam and had gone to another school to write the mains. So basically that day only Aman and Lavanya were there. After school, Aman saw Lavanya taking another route and not the one to her home. Someone had told Lavanya about the Lotus Lake which she was unaware of till then.  Aman saw her going into the park and followed her in. When she saw there wasn't much people she jumped over her half a height safety grill and went inside. She leaned in to pluck the flower and slipped and fell into the lake. Even though she  tried to come up the tangled stems of Lotus wasn't letting her.

 Even though she  tried to come up the tangled stems of Lotus wasn't letting her

When Aman saw her struggling he ran to her pulled her out by streching his hand. If La was shocked to see Aman there, she hide it effectively. When they both came out, Aman saw her holding the lotus she plucked while coming out.

"I knew you were an idiot but didn't knew to this extent. Did you for once thought about Arnie before pulling this stunt? He bloody gave your responsibility to me. To keep you safe. Or else I would have let you drown. Senseless idiot!"

All of a sudden La hugged him. Even though he got stiffened first a minute later he started struggling. "Amu, Don't tell this to Arnie."

"I am not like you. I won't hurt him by telling him his Lav nearly drowned" Aman spat in anger.
"Come I got what I wanted. Lets leave before the security uncle catch us." She told him coming out of hug.

Even after all these years Aman still feels the shiver running through his spine when he remember the drowning  La. The "What if"s hadn't let him sleep peacefully for many nights after that day.

"Hey Amu, come here" La called him to the bench she and Khushi was sitting. "I was telling Khushi how I plucked a lotus from this lake years before. But now it's not possible.. Look they have increased the height of the grill. Now it seems around 8 feet high. Uff.! Damn them who changed the grill! I can never jump in again. "
Lav said disappointed, grabbing the icecreams from Aman. Giving a choco one to Khushi, she gave the other one to Aman. Then she took her strawberry ones and began having one.

But what she didn't knew was that the one who made the authorities change the height of the grill within just a week of her stunt is sitting right besides her opening his choco icecream with a hidden smirk.

"Oh ho, Amu my dress is ruined, look the ice cream melt. Keep an eye on Khushi okay. I will be back in a jiffy after washing this. The stain won't go otherwise." Without giving a chance for Aman to react, La ran off.

La wiped out the icecream with the tissue in her hand. Then hiding behind a ride not far away from the lake where she can easily keep a watch on Aman and Khushi.

"Let me too see, how you will not mellow down for Khushi, Amu. I know you very well how to handle you. 'All that matter for me is just Arnie' ghh Liar Aman. Let me too see how you will not be bothered for Khushi . My foot! " she mocked Aman.

Minutes passed by, Khushi finished her ice cream. While Aman had just held his one, his eyes wandered around for La. Where is she? Then he saw Khushi looking at his now melting icecream.
"You want this?"
He extended it to Khushi. She replied positive with a hesitating nod. He gave it to her and looked away.

When he looked back at her, she had finished it, but saw icecream all over her cheeks and chin. Some along her hands too. Struggling to hold her bunny with one hand and trying to remove the remains. Watching her cute antics, Aman offered to help. He took out his kerchief. 
"Give your bunny to me. "
Khushi looked towards him then towards her bunny and then to her messy self. She slowly gave her bunny to Aman.

Aman kept the bunny aside and with his kerchief wiped off the icecream remains from her face and hand. Took water from La's backpack and made Khushi drink it.

He gave her bunny back.
"It's been so long La went. Come we will go and find her."
Khushi extended her hand to Aman to help her get up. Aman held her hands with one  and took the backpack in the other.

When La saw them coming her way, she ran to them.
"What took you so long La?"
"Oh there was so much rush there."replied La looking at the way Aman protectively held Khushi's hand. When Aman noticed where La's gaze is stuck he withdrew his hand. And said to La.
"It's getting late. Let's go back home, before Arnie panicks."
With that he went towards the SUV leaving La to get Khushi.

La held Khushi and walked towards the SUV with a happy smirk.
Phase 2 Completed! 

***************************************************************

Okay now. That's all for this update.
Hope you guys enjoyed it.
Please do let me know how it was.
Awaiting your reviews
Thank you so much for all the support.😊
LoVe AryaARshi 💕