Coulson gripped the strap he had in his hand as the quinjet swerved, they were nearing their destination. "Well the thing is it doesn't allow people to go near it. It's like it has a mind of it's own, like the tesseract. Or maybe even Asgardian" She mentally flinched at the last word. Coulson had told her Thor worried and asked about her. Even then he thought he cared even a little but she needed to move on. That caught her attention, "What do you mean by that and what do you mean a mind of its own?" He shook his head, "What I mean is it doesn't allow males to go within a few miles from it. But it's a different story for women, they can freely go near it but not too close. And we don't know if it has the same abilities as the tesseract. That's why we want you to figure it out." She nodded and waited for the quinjet to land.

They arrived at their destination and immediately driven to their base. It was similar to the one in Puente Antiguo. She went inside with Coulson to find Erik and Banner looking at the gamma readings and energy signatures on the computer. "Jane!" Erik cried making Banner look up, "You're here!" Banner came from behind and shook her hand, "You're Dr. Foster of the Foster theory, the one with the worm holes right?" She smiled "Why yes I am and you're Dr. Banner the 'pioneer of gamma radiation'." He laughed, "Yes thats me call me Bruce please. And are you here for the strange meteorite?" She nodded, "Well call me Jane then." Coulson coughed, "Dr. Foster I'm sorry to interrupt you but we would like for you to analyze the wreckage as soon as possible. If you would please come with me." He gestured her to follow him outside to one of the many black vans parked outside. Natasha and Maria were there waiting for them. "Dr. Foster, Agent Hill and I will be escorting you to the wreckage site." Natasha explained, "Please come with us its not far from here, Dr. Selvig you can come as well." She got in the car as Jane and Erik said their goodbyes and Erik telling her once again to be careful. She assured her father figure that she would be safe and drove off.

The arrived at the site, not far from the base. It was surrounded by soldiers and gates guarding the site. The site was just like the one in Puente Antiguo as well, large plastic walls and tubes around it with a makeshift lab for her inside. What she also noticed was that everyone in the area was female just as Coulson said. It must have been some powerful object to do an odd thing like that. It was powerful nonetheless and she had to find out why.

They entered the lab to find a few lab assistants already there to help. Maria asked them of any changes in it's "behavior", Natasha turned on a laptop as Jane got ready. "Dr. Foster I'll be coming with you as you investigate the meteor." She looked up, "Just Jane please, so Coulson gave me a bodyguard?" Natasha shook her head "No, not exactly that's Agent Hills job. Since Dr. Banner and Dr. Selvig are unable to be here Coulson they have to do their own work via laptop camera." So I won't be working alone then, Jane thought disappointed. It was an honor working with a man like Dr. Banner but she wanted to work alone. She grabbed her equipment and followed Maria and Natasha to the meteor.

They had built the base around the fallen meteor due to the fact they could go only as six feet from it. They stood on the balcony so they looked down on it. Maria went off to the side so not to get in their way. The laptop had turned on to see Coulson along with Bruce and Erik. "Can you guys hear me well?" "Loud and clear," Jane answered a she turned on her scanner. Coulson went on about what her job was but she tried to ignore him as she bent over slightly on the railing, trying to get the scanner close to the meteor. The gamma rays were very moderate almost low, nothing dangerous. But she felt like there was something off. The air around it felt stronger than she first walked in. Both agents must've felt it too hearing them stiffen and Maria's hand going to her gun holster. Natasha felt it as well the air growing heavier. She told Coulson while Jane took a deep breath to calm herself, she needed to focus. "Is this the closest someone can get to it?" She asked Natasha, she nodded.

Jane looked back on her scanner to see the energy getting stronger the closer she got. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a ladder that led to the ground and headed to it. "Jane? Jane what are you doing?" Natasha asked her beginning to follow, on the computer Coulson asked the same thing. "The energy readings are growing stronger I need to see why." She ignored their protest stepped down from the ladder and step by step went near it. Natasha went after her, "Jane please come back this is as far as anyone can get." She began to go after her but an invisible wall stopped her from going anywhere. Jane however had no problem at all and both women were astonished. She took this as a sign to keep going, the readings getting more and more stronger going near the meteor. "Jane I don't know how this is happening please be careful" the agent shouted after her.

She assured her and went closer. She could see it better now, it just like the pictures. A big rock with a glowing purple crystal like object in it. She had never heard of a meteor like this before. And did it look like it was moving? It was moving, like the purple crystal inside want to break free. At this point everyone noticed and told Jane to withdraw. But she didn't, she was too fascinated to listen, curse her stubborn scientific curiosity. "Dr. Foster please step away now!" Coulson shouted from the laptop. She wasn't listening, she was too hypnotized by the crystal. Her hand went towards it, getting closer and closer, almost touching it. Erik and Natasha began shouting, Maria came down trying to stop her but the same invisible wall blocked her. At the same time Jane's hand was only inches away from it, her finger about to skim its smooth glowing surface until, "Jane! No, please stop!" Erik's voice overpowered the shouting as thunder cracked outside. Jane withdrew her hand and shook her head. She was breathing heavily. She quickly stepped back apologizing.

"It's all right Jane. Just come with us now." Natasha said calmly trying to coax her away from the meteor. Jane lifted her hand towards her face and was about to go but all of a sudden something out of the purple crystal flew out of it's rocky prison and landed on Jane's hand. It liquified itself and formed it around Jane's ring finger to make a ring. Panicking she tried to yank it off but it wouldn't budge. It then glowed purple and created a purplish pink energy around her. At this point Maria was calling for backup but none of that mattered now because Jane was being lifted up in the air. Both of the agents stared up in wonder before snapping back to their senses.

Meanwhile Jane tore through the plastic ceiling and flew towards the sky. A purple-pink field materialized around her as she flew to the sky disappearing into the clouds.

Reviews are always welcome!