Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets

Start from the beginning

Melody and Michael glanced at each other with knowing smirks. "Just put on the necklace, pirate boy." Harry sighed as he slipped the necklace on over his head. "There it's on, now what princess?" Melody giggled as she guestured towards the necklace. "Now, touch it and say, I wish to be a merman."

Harry looked at her with wide eyes. "Ye can't be serious." It was Uma's turn to laugh. "Just do it Harry." He sighed, rolling his eyes and placing his hand on the necklace. "Fine, I wish to be a merman." Suddenly, a beam of magic shot from the necklace and surrounded Harry. Everyone shielded their eyes from the light but as fast as it came, it went. They heard a loud thud followed by cursing. "Bloody hell! I'm half fish!"

Everyone uncovered their eyes to see Harry on the ground. His clothes were gone and he was now supporting a dark red tail. Uma laughed hysterically. "Oh my Badness, Harry your a merman!" He rolled his eyes with a huff. "I've noticed, Love. Now how do I get my bloody legs back!" Michael snickered. "Dude, just touch the necklace and say, I wish to be human."

Harry huffed and wished himself back to normal. He gave a sigh of relief when he was back in his clothes and had legs once more. "Well, that is certainly not my speciality." Uma chuckled and picked up the other box. "What's in this one, Mel?" Melody grinned. "A necklace for your daughter, so she can transform as well." Uma nodded. "It's perfect, thank you."
🌟

Harry curled up in bed next to Uma and gave a sigh of relief. "Ye think ye got enough gifts love?" Uma chuckled as she pressed her forehead against his. "Are you saying you're worn out from carrying them?" He rolled his eyes playfully. "Of course not, it will take more than a few gifts to tire this pirate."

Uma chuckled as Harry slid down so he was face to face with her stomach. He rubbed it gently and smiled, humming softly. Uma listened to the unfamiliar tune curiously. "What song is that?" Harry stopped humming and sighed. "Somethin' my mum used to sing. She said she learned it from an old friend who was a traveling musician." She gently ran her fingers through his hair. "Can you sing it for me and the baby?" Harry melted into her touch. "I suppose I can serenade you tonight." He smiled before beginning to sing.

Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry
For ever if I'm far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you
Each night we are apart
Remember me
Though I have to travel far
Remember me
Each time you hear a sad guitar
Know that I’m with you
The only way that I can be
Until you’re in my arms again
Remember me

As Harry finished the last verse he wiped away the tears forming in his eyes. "That was beautiful Harry." Uma smiled as he moved up to lay beside her once more. He gave her a weak smile. "Thanks love." She wrapped her arm around his torso and rested her head against his shoulder. "You really miss her don't you?" Harry nodded slowly. "More than anything."
🌟

Chad groaned as he threw cups into a trash bag. "Why do I have to help clean up the party?" Mal rolled her eyes as she stacked chairs. "Oh I don't know. Maybe because you broke into Jay and Carlos's room multiple times to use Carlos's 3D printer and Fairy Godmother punished you with community service?" He grumbled bitterly. "Just keep rubbing it in why don't you?"

"Cut it out you two." Ben sighed as he scrubbed down another table. "The faster we get done the faster we all get to leave." Chad and Mal muttered in agreement as they got back to work.
🌟

An hour later, the dining room was clean and Chad carried out the last of the trash. "Finally!" He sighed in relief. "Just come on, Ben called, opening the door. Just as they were about to leave the sound of shattering glass filled the room. They all turned to see a figure now standing in the dining hall.

"Audrey!?" Chad said in disbelief. "Is that you?" A dark chuckle echoed through the room as she stepped forward. "That's Queen Audrey and I'll be taking my rightful place on the throne!"

Mal stared in disbelief as she took in her appearance. Audrey's hair was now pink and purple and the pink jumpsuit she wore resembled clothes from the Isle. However, the object that got her attention was the scepter in Audrey's right hand. "Audrey give me the scepter and stand down!" Male yelled. Audrey cackled in amusement. "Oh Mal, you can't seriously think it would be that easy. Can you?"

She waved the scepter causing the ties that had once been around the curtains to fly towards Ben. In a matter of seconds, he was bound to a nearby chair. "Ben! No!" Mal yelled, rushing towards him, but a blast of magic blocked her way. "Ah ah ah." Audrey chided. "The king is mine."

Mal formed a fireball with her hand and chucked it Audrey, who put it out with her staff. "Oh Mal, you'll have to do better than that to defeat me." Audrey launched an attack of her own sending Mal flying into a nearby wall. "Mal!" Ben screamed as he struggled against his bonds and she fell to the floor.

Slowly, Mal rose to her feet and glared at Audrey. "This isn't over. You will fall because if there's one thing I've learned during my time in Auradon, is that good always triumphs over evil!" Audrey cackled that Mal's words. "You will never defeat me, Auradon is mine."

Mal looked over at Ben with tears in her eyes. "I'll come back for you, I promise!" With those words, she transformed into a dragon and flew out the broken window in search of help.

Author's Note

I'm Back!
Hi friends I'm sorry I've been gone so long. College has been stressful and with the holidays there hasn't been much time for writing. Thank you for your patience and to those waiting for updates for my Miraculous sequel they are on their way! Happy Belated Holiday Wishes to Everyone!

                       -Meloetta246