Chapter Four - Hopelessness and Hope

Start from the beginning

Clarisse La Rue, Katie Gardener, Nico, the Stoll brothers, and a few others however were not happy at all. After Percy had run from the meeting with the gods, and Piper had followed, the camp had changed. A few days after the meeting, they had all gotten together, and decided that Percy couldn’t have been a traitor, they knew his fatal flaw, and they all knew that he couldn’t have betrayed them, just as he couldn’t let anyone die in the giant war if he could have helped. They had been looking for Percy and Piper for the last five years, but with no success, and while in camp, they acted like rebels, never following the orders of Annabeth and Jason, thought the two of them would never punish the group. The only clues that they have had in the last few years leading to the whereabouts of Percy and Piper have been a few new campers that have arrived at the camp borders. The new campers started showing up after about a month of Percy and Pipers disappearance. The new campers just appear there, with only one explanation. All of these campers have had the same story. They all say that they have been helped from abusive families, or saved from monster attacks, by a male and a female, about the age of seventeen.

When Clarisse and the rest of the group heard this, they immediately became excited. They asked what the people looked like, and every new camper would have the same explanation. The male had icy blue eyes, with a hint of silver and a hint of sea green, though they were mostly the icy blue. His hair was a light blonde color, almost white, and he had an aura of power around him that rivaled the gods. The female on the other hand, had multi colored eyes, but they were mostly a gold color. Her eyes seemed to swirl and change and never seemed to stay still. She had a light brown hair that seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, and also in the moonlight.  She also seemed to radiate and aura of power that rivaled the gods, but it was different from the male.

Every time a new camper showed up at the camp, the group of rebels would ask them questions about the people that were delivering them to camp, and they would always reply with the same answers as the others.

A few times, while looking of the missing demigods, they had run into the hunters, and when anyone asked about the whereabouts of the two missing demigods, the hunters would seem to almost shut down, like they knew something, but aren’t allowed to say anything. When confronted about their behavior, the hunters would get upset. Apart those hints, no one knew where the missing demigods went.

<-><-><->

Percy and Piper had been walking through the forest near Rocky Mountain National Park, when they were ambushed by a small army of monsters, who seemed very intent on killing them. It had not been a good day for the two of them. They were on the move because they had been almost cornered by a few of their old friends in the nearby town of Estes Park. It wasn’t that they didn’t want to be found, but at the time, they couldn’t be found. A few days ago, they had been visited by Artemis, who told them that the titans were rising again, and that Nyx was rising with them. When they had heard the news, they became agitated, because they knew that their time was approaching. The ancient prophecy had said that the two companions would be needed to save the world from a great evil, bigger than anything anyone had faced before. Artemis had told them that soon they would have to help, but before then, they had to figure out what they wanted to do. The two of them knew that they had to help, but they weren’t sure if they wanted to revel themselves again, or if they wanted to keep it a secret, and they knew they had to make a decision soon.

A few times they had almost run into some friend while on the run, and were surprised when they seemed to be looking for them. Piper knew that some of them missed her and Percy, but at the same time, she didn’t really want to go back to how things had been before. For one, she and Percy had grown close over the five years, and though she would never admit it to him, she knew that she liked him as more than just a friend, and she worried that if they went back, she would lose him. Unannounced to her, Percy felt the same way. He was in fact terrified of what he would find if he went back to camp. They knew, or so Artemis told them, that the council wanted to still kill him, but Artemis promised that if they had to go back, she would protect them, and she had gained the backing of Hestia. Hestia had asked Artemis if she knew anything about the two missing demigods, and she had confessed that she didn’t want to kill them, so, with the permission of Percy and Piper, Artemis told Hestia what she had been doing over the past five years, and to all of their surprise, Hestia agreed with what Artemis had been doing. Hestia had decided that she would help the two demigods out, and had made them her champions, much to their surprise. No other god on or off the council knew about Percy and Piper, and they planned on keeping it that way.

Percy spun around, deflecting a club away from him, before turning around again and throwing a knife into the eye of a Cyclops that was about to play t-ball with Pipers head.  She glanced at him, and smiled, giving a nod of thanks before she too spun around and returned the favor, firing an arrow into the forehead of a hellhound that was pouncing on Percy. Percy whirled around and got a face full of monster dust, which did not help improve his mood.  Percy and Piper decided that it would better to keep their real identities a secret, and thanks to the blessing from both Hestia and Chaos, they didn’t need to change their appearance.

Percy was fighting alongside Piper, and didn’t notice until it was too late that there was another hellhound that had been left alone, until it had pounced on the both of them, pinning them to the ground. They both looked at each other, and were sure they had failed, until a silver arrow sprouted from the side of the hound, causing it to disintegrate. They looked around, and saw that the rest of the monsters were either retreating, or they had also been impaled with arrows.

Percy and Piper stared in shock at the scene, until someone said “Hey, you two just going to sit there or are we going to have to help you.”

Percy turned around and smiled at his cousin. “No we don’t need help, Thalia, hang on a second please.” Percy got up, and helped Piper get up before turning and hugging his cousin. Over the past five years, Percy and Thalia had grown close, but in more of a brotherly, sisterly way, in fact, they acted like siblings most of the time when they were together, but that was fine with everyone, including Artemis.

Percy was happy to see Thalia, and so was Piper. It had been a few weeks since the hunters had visited, and Percy and Piper were starting to get worried.

Artemis walked into the clearing, and Piper turned to her, and bowed, saying “Milady.” Artemis just rolled her eyes, and said exasperated “Please Piper, don’t bow, you should know that.” At that, everyone chuckled, until everyone noticed Artemis’s face, which was sad, and seemed worried. She had decided that it was time for Percy and Piper to come back, no matter what they had decided. It was time.

“Percy, Piper, it is time.” She said sadly. “What is your decision?” Percy and Piper looked crestfallen, before Piper looked up slowly, and said.

“Please call us Polaris and Ivory. We are not ready to revel our identities yet. ” 

(A/N Sorry for the long wait, school started this week, and things got busy. Anyway, I hope to update the story once a week ant the least, if not more. Thanks for reading.)