Speak of the Devil

Start from the beginning

"You need to eat or your body won't be able to respond much." He said as he lifted something on a fork close to Daiya's lips. 

It smelled amazing, but at the same time, he couldn't bring himself to open his mouth. The meat was clearly raw and still a little bloody. It made his mind completely focus on it, yet his jaw refused to budge. 

"Daiya?" Fin questioned with a confused frown as he pressed the piece of meat against his lips. 

He wanted to eat it, desperately so, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. 

It could be human. 

He couldn't figure out why he was declining since he had no emotions to be bothered by, yet even when Fin reached over and gently tried to open his mouth, he refused to even part his lips. 

You will have your hands full with that one, necromancer. A voice thought into both of their minds, considering Fin turned at the same time Daiya did to see who had spoken. 

His vision was still bad, so he couldn't see the entity, but his memories told him that the voice belonged to Devil. 

"I do not need your poor humor, Devil." Fin said as he pressed the meat closer, but received little response... just the flare of Daiya's nostrils as he took in the scent again. 

You know that you cannot open his mouth for him. He must understand that it is human flesh you are trying to feed him. Even if he cares for nothing now, he still does not wish to eat another person. Devil replied, earning a scowl from Fin. 

Daiya didn't understand why he wouldn't allow himself to eat the food. He did not care if it was a person previously. It was not one any longer. Yet, his mouth would not cooperate and remained tightly closed, no matter how much Fin tried to coax it open. 

Do not fuss with him so much, necromancer. You know that newborns can break easily. Just get the lad something else. Devil said, the tone in his voice seemingly entertained. It sounded much different than the bored one in his memory. 

Perhaps it was enjoying itself watching Fin struggle with something he should easily be able to control. 

I am indeed, little zombie. Devil replied. 

His words were seemingly only to him, because Fin stalked out of the room a moment later, taking the plate of meat Daiya wanted with him. 

You do not really want that, boy. I would bet my left paw that when he returns, with a plate other than human meat from one of the last prisoners in the dungeon, that you will suddenly be able to consume it with no issue. Devil said as his fox form finally came into Daiya's limited line of sight. 

It hopped up onto his bed and nonchalantly sat down beside him. Daiya tilted his head slowly, the action dreadfully slow to him after having been able to move freely for so long. 

It will get better once you eat, but I am afraid that you might not have drawn the best lot of luck, lad. Devil said as he looked up at him with eyes that actually appeared somewhat unhappy. 

I do hope that I am wrong. He added before they fell into a calm silence that lasted until Fin was stepping back through the bedroom door. 

Daiya's attention immediately turned toward the scent that came with him. A new kind of meat, or really, several kinds, graced the plate where the previous portion had been sitting. The blood had even been washed off before it was refilled, because Daiya could barely smell the previous offering at all. 

Without even thinking about it, his mouth slowly opened, his dry tongue eager to be moistened by the food coming closer by the second. 

Your boy might be dead, but he still has a heart, beating or not. Devil chimed with a snort that had Fin flashing his fangs at him for a brief second as he sat down on the edge of the bed. Before he dealt with the food, Fin grabbed Devil by the scruff and tossed him away, sending the black fox tumbling unceremoniously onto the carpet and out of Daiya's limited range of vision. 

And to think I offered such a man a deal. Devil said, getting a grunt from Fin as he turned toward Daiya and lifted a piece of what appeared to be beef to his lips. 

It took him less than a second to lean the few inches forward and snap his jaws down on the morsel. Instead of releasing the food, however, Fin kept his hold on part of it, spurring Daiya to let out a quiet growl, then lean away to try and tug the food free. 

Why are you training him like a hunting zombie? Do you not intend to care for him now that you have completed your contract with me? Devil asked Fin. 

Daiya had not known that their contract had ended during the time he was unconscious, but his attention was far more focused on the food he was still trying to tug from Fin's fingers. 

He could only think that he resembled the stray dogs he had seen in his lifetime as they fought over a rabbit carcass one of them had managed to catch. 

"I will teach him how to survive, but that is all." Fin said, his voice cold as he finally released the piece of meat. Daiya didn't hesitate to swallow it, but it took a few moments to actually slide down his throat. 

You still hold him at fault for what happened? After all of this time? Devil questioned as he came back into view and sat by the edge of the bed on the floor. 

Fin shrugged one shoulder and offered a piece of chicken, which was quickly bitten and torn apart by Daiya. The meat was much easier to tear, allowing him to make short work of the piece. 

"I've lived in my hatred for so long that it is not something I can find myself dismissing, even if I wished to try. I completed my contract and while I do regret that I bartered his life against my fondness of him, and lost, I have changed and there will be no happy ending." He said as he offered another piece of meat, this one far tougher to tear away from him. 

I find it hard to believe that you would just leave him after he has given so much to you. Devil said right before Fin snarled at him and stood, trying to kick the black fox, but missing at the last moment as Devil jumped away. 

"He only gave me what I rightfully deserved after he had been the cause of my death!" He yelled, only to calm himself down after a few deep breaths and return to his seat. 

As Daiya focused mainly on consuming the remaining morsels offered to him, he considered his situation. He could live on his own, but the deal he had made clearly stated that he had to make Fin fall in love with him.

It seemed utterly impossible, and useless. He no longer felt any emotion toward the man, let alone love. He also felt no need to return to the living, though the warm that brushed against his lips from Fin's fingertips each time he offered him a piece of raw meat had Daiya's body yearning for more, he figured that he could just find his own heat. 

The ideas on how to do such a thing flashed through his mind as he ate, each one more gruesome than the next. 

I do hope that you find it in yourself to keep him by your side. His mind is not stable right now and he could end up doing things his heart could not stand. Devil said to them both, earning a quiet laugh as Fin gave Daiya the last piece of food he'd brought, then licked his own fingers. 

"His heart ceases to beat and his thoughts are not my concern. When I am content that he understands how to survive on his own as an undead, then I will banish him far away from this land and be rid of the retched memories he evokes from my past forever." Fin growled before standing and storming from the room, the door slamming behind him. 

Daiya watched him go, only wishing that he would bring more food back for him soon. 

Perhaps this deal was not one I should have garnered. You are not even in a position to talk, let alone seal our pact. 

The black fox thought as he gave a quiet sigh, drawing Daiya's attention with a blank stare. 

I cannot make him do anything, nor can I tell him about our deal. My apologies for putting you in such a situation, but I cannot stay here any longer at this time. Do remember your memories and what you must do. 

I will return when I am able. 

As Devil spoke, Daiya tried to get off the bed, his body wishing for the heat he knew the fox would possess. His limbs were still far too sluggish, however, and by the time he finally managed to fall onto the carpet with a surprised but calm grunt, Devil had vanished completely. 

(I'm sorry Daiya >< It might get better *awkwardly cheers for him*) 

Black Heart  (mxm)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara