The burning of Tea Cup Harbour

Before you read please note this is an extract out of my unfinished book and place in this short story do not exist and you may not understand it completely.

The darkness of the night comes upon the city of Rolvo.  Rolvo is in mostly grassland area with some farmland.  The city side of Rolvo had markets that sold vegetables, cattle, clothes, armour and gems. The city was cobblestone and wood.  The rooves were made of wooden planks.  The people of Rolvo were tall and skinny and their hair were mostly red, black and brown.  Amos Arce walked out of his childhood home where his mother and step father lived.  He was visiting them before he set off to leave for teacup harbour.  Teacup harbour was village of the coast of the Irekian Sea and was near Vantracor Mountains which were homed to a race of orc-ish creatures called Vantrator.  The Vantrator lived in the caves and mines of those mountain creating armies that could destroy cities and villages.  This region is called Gwelinad.  Amos was wearing a black cloak with a sword on his waist and a hood over his head.  He walked towards the watch tower where his home was.  He had a one room with a bathroom.  His room was basically empty apart from his bed and a desk where he wrote letters and other things.  He went into the watch tower and walked up the stairs.  The sound of his feet as he went up tap, taps.  He reached his room which was around 4 metre by 4 metre. There was dust everywhere apart from his bed but he had other things to do than sleep. 

He went to his cupboard to swap blades.  The guards needed to carry a wooden shaped sword around the city.  He pulled his metal sword.  It smelled of blood and other smells Amos couldn’t recognise but was willing to just shove into his scabbard which holds the sword when he carries it around.  The region Gwelinad had mountains and a small hill near the city.  He left his room in the watchtower and started to run through the town.  Once he reached the entrance he went to the armoury where his mates were and start getting his armour on.  He left the armoury which was a small room with black marks on the wall.

He was a part of battalion of swordsmen, they called themselves the battalion of fire and smoke because they have taken many cities that have been on fire and had smoke, which was three times thicker than normal smoke.  The battalion walked for about 5 hours until coming to rest in a field of red roses.  Amos rested for a while as he looked around the place.  The first sign he saw something wrong with the place, was when he saw grass flattened when they arrived.  As well as the trees to the east had red marking on their wood.  He could see a hill which was over the city which from here looked like only around 5 buildings. 

Amos told his commanding officer

“I’m going to go scoot up ahead towards the harbour”

“Amos go and report back here, we have about 6 hours until they come towards the city” the commanding officer said with distrust he had for the Amos.  Amos left the camp which was now being set up.  Men putting in shaped wood to warn of beasts in the night.  As he left he gazed for about 1 second at the camp then ran east which was the way to the harbour.  It took Amos nearly 30 minutes to reach a hill peak to look over the city of teacup harbour. 

 It was quiet not that much movement.  Smoke from the middle of town meant there was a fire set up there was a river running about west of the city.  Amos turned around and looked and saw bright rays shining on his face.  As he sat there on the hill with a beautiful view and quietness disappeared as he heard the piercing sounds.  Amos saw a pack of Vantrator running pass the perk of the Southern of hill.  Then to my surprise he saw my battalion running towards the hill with their swords at hand.  The Vantrator saw them and decided to form a square. 

“Oh this is bad” Amos muttered under my breath, we had never faced a good pack of Vantrator but these one’s looked like pros.  Amos sat there as his friends fell under the blades of the very well skilled pack of Vantrator.  Amos watched as the Vantrator slayed the last remaining survive who had retreated back to base where no remained behind.  Vantrator then turned to the city of teacup harbour and burned it to the ground. Amos run of the hill towards the Vantrator. The pack was looting the homes of innocence people.

Children laid dead on the street either burned or stabbed. The air smelled of smoke, fire and blood. Amos slashed as much Vantrator as he could before he reached the main part of town. He heard the cries of children, maybe those children would survive and live to tell the tale he wasn’t sure. He reached a stone road, this road had a body he reached down and saw a familiar face, and this was the commander. Amos then thought something he was the last remaining person in the battalion, his emotions start to try to overcome him by tears and sadness he had only felt once then he thought what had he done.