Cope | Kuroiwa Takeomi

Start from the beginning

    "Oh..." He muttered. "You don't need to..." 

    "No, you have the right to know." You insisted. "It's just... He sacrificed himself for his squad, you know? I'm not saying this because that's how I think, but I have a feeling this is how Kuki's thinking... He left his own children in the dust for investigators, your father being one of them. It's just... In some way, he probably sees your father as a murderer of some kind... And he sees you as competition, not to mention he doesn't want to be stuck in the same squad as you and have to face the same fate as dad."

    Seeing as Takeomi remained speechless, you decided to make things clearer for him. "I don't think any of that, though! What dad did was as selfless as it was selfish and I can't blame others for it, seeing as no one can control someone else's behavior. Hell, maybe I'm totally wrong and that's not Kuki's issue. What I'm trying to say is, it's not your fault, and I don't think there's a lot you can do to change his mind. He's incredibly stubborn." 

    "Shouldn't he listen to family, though?" The raven haired investigator asked with a hint of hope. "You're all he's got left."

    "I highly doubt it. Although I'm his sibling, his number one priority is himself, number two promotion and number three reputation. I should be number four or five in there." You ignored the heartache within you as you spoke the truth. It hurt to see that your brother barely cares, but you can't do much about it right now. "He'll come around one day, whether it's too late or not." 

    "Urie, what're you doing?" Shirazu asked as he watched the squad leader look into the distance with a disgusted, nearly horrified expression on his face. "Yo, what's so gross?" The blonde searched for the source, only to spot your familiar figure sitting at a table with... Oh, shit. 

    "The fuck are they doing?" Urie couldn't help but ask. "What's he saying to them?"

    "I dunno," Shirazu had a very hard time to choke back his laughter. "But it seems like a date to me. And not the first one." 

    Urie visibly gagged, making Ginshi fold in half and start hysterically wheezing. "You're full of shit." The leader said. "They would never-- Kuroiwa's so fucking dead." 

    With great horror, Urie watched helplessly as Takeomi reached over and gently put his hand over yours as he spoke. It seemed to calm you quite a bit, which somehow angered your brother even more. 

    "Yo, I didn't know (Y/N) was into guys! I might've acted sooner if I knew they had a thing for pissing you off-"

    "Trust me, I rather they'd date you than him." The purple haired man growled, shooting imaginary daggers at your boyfriend. "I'm putting an end to this bullshit." He announced as he was coming out of hiding. 

    "Woah there!" Ginshi exclaimed, dragging Urie back so he'd remain out of your eyesight. "Are you crazier than (Y/N), Urie?! What if they're happy with Kuroiwa?"

    "Happy my ass! This is fucking embarrassing for the both of us!" 

    "Urie." Shirazu stated in a sterner tone in an attempt to snap him out of his excessively wrathful mood. "Look at them for a moment and then tell me they ain't happy."

    Your brother turned around and looked back at you and Takeomi. He stared for a long, silent minute as your eyes shone with a certain glint he had only seen two or three times in the last years of your lives. The lilt of your laugh could almost reach his ears, even if he was way too far away to be within earshot of the two of you. 

    "Happy my ass." He muttered again, definitely not wanting to admit that for once in his life, Shirazu was right. "We're wasting time here." With that, he turned around and left the scene, fighting back the smile that was threatening to appear on his face. 

    That was until he realized that he hadn't managed to make you (look) that happy since... forever. Urie promised himself he'd be better than Kuroiwa, and this was part of his competition now, too. 

    EXTENDED ENDING: 

    You anxiously watched as your brother stood up to take the mic. You were still shocked at how nicely he looked right now (you were sure that he wouldn't have made any efforts, considering this was also Takeomi's wedding). If only Shirazu were here... He'd have mocked the poor guy so much for it... 

    "I never agreed to this." He stated, making the crowd around you all nervously laugh. Most of them were investigators, which meant they all knew this might not end well for Takeomi... Or Urie. Or both of them (you had warned them about not starting any fights before the reception, though). "But... For once, Kuroiwa, you beat me. I guess you make my own sibling happier than I can." The purple haired male bitterly admitted.  You could see it on his face; Urie was really trying his best to remain calm. "I hope you keep them happy for a long time. If not, you can expect a visit from the entire Quinx squad."

    You knew his speech wouldn't be complete without at least one death threat... 

    "Other than that, I guess I can't object to anything. If (Y/N)'s happy, then everything's alright. They're my priority anyways. So yeah, congratulations. You also beat me in marriage." 

    Another round of laughter from the crowd. 

    "One last thing." Kuki added, looking straight at you with... Was that his begging face? Gosh, you hadn't seen it since he was around ten years old! You'd recognize that look anywhere. "I want my niece or nephew to have our last name, (Y/N). I put up with all of this, so that's the least you can do. It's Urie or no children at all." 

    Oh boy.