two

Luke's car was probably the shittest car Brie had ever sat in. It was a midnight black 2001 Acura Integra, with a spoiler latched onto the back. It looked like a car you'd see in a Fast and Furious movie. Apparently boxer's salaries were not as large as Brielle had originally thought.

It wasn't that the car was actually that shitty, it was just that Brielle was used to sitting in more expensive, high-end cars.

Her father was a pretty successful car salesman, and typically had a new vehicle every few months. He'd always drop her off at school every time he got a new one, making sure to rev the engine as he pulled up. Brielle didn't complain, as it resulted in a number of kids telling her how "rad" it was that her dad drove cars like that.

Her mother and father had tried for years to have a child, so when Brielle came into the world, she was their little miracle. So naturally, they made sure they gave her everything she could ever dream of.

And they did. Whatever Brielle wanted, it was hers. She without a doubt appreciated all her parents had done for her, but when she turned 18 she knew that she'd eventually have to venture out into the real world, without her parent's help.

And so she did. Kinda.

She moved out, although, since she never worked a day in her life, she had no money to her name. So her parents paid for a studio apartment in Santa Monica until she got a job of her own.

Brielle had no idea what she wanted to do with her life, so she planned on searching for a decent paying job that didn't have any prerequisites other than a high school diploma. All she needed was enough to pay her bills. She'd worried about college later.

She obviously had no clue how employment worked in America. It had been 5 months and Brielle was still unemployed.

Her train of thought was interrupted as the blonde next to her cleared his throat before speaking up.

"How'd you like the match?"

The car slowed down as they pulled up to a red light, and Luke took his attention off the road and brought it onto Brielle as he waited for her response.

Brielle had completely forgotten about the boxing match, and that Luke was the one who participated in it. She didn't recall much of it, as most of the time she was either lost in thought or trying to keep her balance as people shoved her around.

"Didn't really pay much attention to it." Brielle kept her gaze focused on the people wandering on the streets of California outside the window. It was almost midnight at this point, and she pondered on where all of these people were going. Even though Santa Monica was a fairly rich part of California, it wasn't exactly safe to go walking around at midnight.

"Oh." She could feel him eyeing her. "Why not?"

"Boxing isn't really my thing." The car jerked forward as the light turned green, and Luke's eyes focused back onto the road.

"Then why would you go to a boxing match?"

"I was on a date." Brielle's voice got quieter as she thought about Tyler again, in disbelief that she even allowed him to take her out.

Luke's low chuckle rang through her ears. "Who the fuck takes a girl to a underground boxing match on a date?" She looked over at him for the first time since she entered his car, and was greeted by a grin on his lips. She smiled at his words and the fact that she had thought the same exact thing.

"I know, right?" Brielle exclaimed, her voice a bit more enthusiastic than she had intended.

He just chuckled again in response, and the only noise heard after that was the faint sound of a band that Brielle had never heard of playing on the radio.