"I appreciate you escorting me up to the owlery, but you didn't have too." I tease George as I tentatively climb the stairs clutching mine and Leah's letter in my hands. My mind travels to my best friend praying that she's not freaking out, and that our plan will work.

"Of course I did, you're such a nervous wreck you came out with gloves on your feet. How could I trust you to make it up here by yourself?" I roll my eyes unrolling the letter one more time proof reading it quickly.

Dear Padfoot,

Some days I wake up and wish you could whisk me away from this judgmental school, but with everything that's going on I know I'm needed here. And it's not like I can go home, after all I'm almost positive father blasted me off the family tree. I personally can't wait for you to get your own place so Leah, Harry, and I can come stay with you.

Don't worry about us to much we have each other, Love Mara.

Dear Padfoot,

I'm not going to say I'm fine because I'm really not, and I'm tired of pretending. In a few days who knows what kind of shape I'll be in. I thought people would move on after a few weeks, but the closer we get to the first task the worse the praising and cruelty gets. However I'm more worried about Harry he's struggling in all his classes, more than usual, so overall I'm more scared for him than I am for myself.

Please don't worry, Love Leah

I quickly fold the parchment and hand it to my awaiting owl, Astrid. She eagerly takes it this being the first thing I've had her deliver since the end of last year. I run my forefingers along the edge of her heart shaped head smiling as she coos. "I promise I'll give you a mouse when you get back." She hoots in approval, and takes off George wrapping his arms around my mid drift as I stand watching her get smaller and smaller.

"Come on let's go." I whisper leaning on him for support as we descend back down the stairs. "Mar you gotta relax, I think you're more stressed out than Harry and Leah are." He stops at the bottom of the stairs turning me around in his arms so I'm forced to look in his eyes.

"Not possible, they have to live it I just have to watch, and helplessly stand by as they fight for their lives..." My voice trails off, and he once again pulls me into his side as we continue to make our way outside where my friends will hopefully conquer this first task.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Leah's POV

I stood awkwardly at the entrance of the tent peeking out trying to see something, but to no avail. Cedric kept trying to get my attention, but I was in my own little world not in the mood for a pep talk from someone who's just as nervous as me. When Harry finally enters I snap out of my trance long enough to give him a shaky smile which he tries to return.

We've barely spoke the past few days neither one of us sure what to say. "Harry good-o, come in make yourself at home." Bagman continued to chirp happily like he did for me when I enter, but I just turn and scoff. It's impossible to make myself feel at home in this suffocating tent as I anxiously anticipate what's awaiting me outside.

Bagman continued to rant about the task, but I hardly listened only catching the words dragon and golden egg. I pieced the rest together myself. "Gather round." I finally stepped forward as he reached the bag out to Fleur, and she pulled out a Welsh Green. "Leah." Bagman gestures and I tentatively stuck my hand in trying to guess what each one was based on the feeling, but I'm not Mara.

I finally just latch on to one, and when I see the metallic grey scales, and sharp red eyes I gulp the Ukrainian Ironbelly looking scarier than I expected. Even miniaturized my dragon was bigger than the others that pulled after me, and it's teeth and talons were long and sharp.