Arriving at the shop brings an influx of smells and of course, customers. I run back seeing that Alyssa left early just as she said she was to go out with her boyfriend. Of course, it's Saturday,everyone seems to have a life on the weekends. They have friends to go out with and dates to attend.

My best friends Claire and Abby are out of town this weekend on different occasions. Claire has softball and Abby is going to a wedding.

My other good friends are the Watson fraternal twins but I don't know, Lizzie had a dance today so I just would be left wish Joshy. It's really no fun to go to the movies alone with a guy unless its romantic. Josh and I are in no way romantic. Besides, I get off at 10:30 I'll probably just finish up some AP French homework and spend the rest of the night on tumblr like an other proper fangirl.

"I'll have a venti mocha latte. Whole milk," the man in front of me says, throwing me out of my concentration. I didn't even see him come there. "Can I get a name?"

"Adam," he gets out and I see the suit he's wearing, probably just coming from work a bit early. I hand the cup to Jack behind me who makes the drink.

Turning around swiftly to get the next order, someone hollers my name. "Viiiiiiiiv. I didn't know you worked here!" a female voice says and it turns out to be no other than Gabbi Conners. "I didn't know you went to this Starbucks..." I hiss out, as she wraps her arm around her perfect boyfriend teasingly.

"We want coffee...." she says with a smile, tickling his back as he seems oblivious to her plan to piss me off. "Well you came to the right place Gabbi. How did you know Starbucks would have coffee?" Her smirk falters, going into a frown. "Tall iced caramel macchiato and a tall mocha coconut," she spits out.

I flash a triumphant smile as I ring her up, getting her to pay. She drops a penny into the tip jar mischievously, "Here's your tip. I know you need it seeing you mother is in bad health. Bless her heart." She forms a catholic cross on her chest, pretending to sound mournful. I take a deep breathe, wanting to jump over the counter to wring her neck.

She kisses her boyfriend sweetly on the lips and I swear her eyes twinkle at me. I look away at Jack making the orders quietly behind me. He's a college student and looks like a typical hipster with his horn rimmed glasses and corduroy pants. I try to study things at the other side of the room, pushing away the fact that I have never even been kissed.

I had a really good friend when I first moved here that I confided everything in. I thought she understood my pain but as soon as I became a better student than her, she knocked my social standings down to the floor, exaggerating every bit of the story to be irreversible.

The rest of the shift goes by slow, just a few people chatting after work and I speedwalk back home, feeling uncomfortable in the dark. Just as I'm about a block away, they have the monthly bike mob. Half the guys are naked and none are attractive. The bright lights and noises blind my senses, as I stand in shock, unable to cross Market Street.

A woman carrying three dozen flowers groans behind me and soon enough I have five people moving. The lady with the flowers whispers obscenities to herself then announces,"If we go in a big group they will swerve." The tourists behind us squirm, obviously unaware of what goes on in San Francisco at night.

Without another word I dash into the street, practically running. A guy wearing nothing but a rainbow afro goes around me and I'm in the clear. "Brave girl," the man behind me gives me a fist bump and I suddenly feel my self confidence come back a bit.

Within minutes I'm back at home, alone. Mom worked the night shift even though her gallbladder had stones in it. She works on and off, depending on how she feels. I grab the goldfish from the pantry, finally trying to eat something.

I get back onto my MacBook and open up wattpad to see an influx of people online, messaging me asking for tips. I have plenty of fans, most of them having less than a 1000 reads. I scrolled past my profile, seeing my number of reads again. Suddenly I notice that I just got to 800 fans. I smile to myself and type a message to all fans, thanking them for their support through everything.

Right after I send that, Claire texts me.

From: Claire Bear

Driving home with fam. Should be back in an hour. How was work? :D

To Claire Bear:

Terrible. Gabby showed up with her new boy toy and made my shift a living hell. She has hated me since she first locked eyes with me.

As I text her, I reply to some messages, explaining to most girls that I'm not taking any more reading requests anymore and thanking them for their support.

From Claire Bear:

She's just jealous of you y'know?

I scoff to myself, sliding the icon over across my lock screen to type.

To Claire Bear:

Jealous of what? My social status? My boobs? All the guys that are rushing to be my boyfriend?

I update the stories in my library seeing that Claire's story was updated yesterday. Her books aren't like mine. Hers are off personal experience. The one she is writing right now is about her misadventures as a freshman with a senior dickhead boyfriend. Her writing is always humorous, just like her bubbly. personality

Sweeping my hair back into a ponytail, three more messages come into view online.

Danielle90210: I love your story! Can't wait to read more!

Izzypop: could you read my story "Everything About you?"

xDirectionerBoyx: Hey babe. just finished reading some of your work. Kinda loved it even though I'm a guy. Keep writing k?

I skim over the first two messages and pause at the last, bringing a large smile to my face.  

1. He called me babe 

2. He's a guy 

3. He liked my story 

Do guys like this even exist?

VivalaViv: a boy reading my stories and enjoying them?hot damn. Directioner boys exist? :$

xDirectionerBoyx: haha we do exist. It's possible. And we seem to love girls who don't take us for granted ;)

________________________________ 

HEYY!! 

I hope you liked my first chapter! 

It's a little bit different. Written from the point of me the writer.  

Most of the stuff Viv is going through I am too... Just saying. I have a pretty interesting life story. I edited out some parts of my life but this story is pretty true to me.

Vote, comment, and share with your friends I need all the support on this I can get! Yayyyyy XD really excited for this story!

~Millennia :D