☾3

you're the best part.

– – –

Y/n pushed the door open and was greeted by the scent of strong coffee. She sniffed it, smiling widely as she saw the boys inside the room, minding their own business. "Hey, guys." She greeted as she settled her bag on the seat next to Otto.

Awsten was the first to look up, he smiled and motioned for her to get the coffee on the coffee table. "We got you coffee," He said. She nodded and noticed that Awsten was, kind of, off today.

His mismatched eyes were puffy and his hair was a bit ruffled, almost as if he had been running his hand through it for the last hour. As she sat next to Otto, the drummer tapped her shoulder, "He's dealing with something." Otto whispered and she nodded again. "What are we going to do today?" She asked, trying to lift up the mood.

Awsten's tired eyes trailed to her, a small faint smile upon his pale lips. "I'm sorry, uh, do you guys want to make a new song or-?" His attention was dragged to Geoff, who was waving his hand dismissively. "Dude, it's okay if we take a break from everything. You need time." The older boy said, smiling widely.

Awsten sighed and shook his head, "I'm– I'm going to make a song," He said as he stood up, walking towards the door. He stopped and looked at Y/n, tilting his head, "Make a song? Hello? Ms. Vocalist?" "Oh, yeah!" She blushed and stood up, walking towards him. They both left the room, Awsten closing the door behind him.

"Are you okay?" She asked as they walk down the hallway. Awsten's heart swelled and he shook his head, holding back tears. He looked at her and she saw his glossy eyes, "She- she's the worst," He faintly said. She furrowed her eyebrows and stopped, making Awsten stop his own tracks.

Without even thinking, she wrapped her arms around him. Awsten was taken aback but soon relaxed within her warm embrace. He buried his head in her head; and he smelled the lavender and vanilla in them. "I don't know what you're going through right now, but I want you to know that I'm always going to be here, okay?"

Her words.

Her words were like the captain of a ship that tamed the wild waves of Awsten's heart. He melted under her and he sobbed, not knowing what to do. "T-thank you," He mumbled out as he continued to sob, feeling her hand rubbing behind his back.

As they pull away, she wiped his tears away and Awsten chuckled. "Come on! Let's be Lucky People, you and me." She giggled and skipped towards the other room.

Awsten stood there, watching her with a big smile.

"You and me."