One Rejection (ON HOLD)

Start from the beginning

"Me neither." I said just as excited.

Laney was possibly the bestest friend anyone could ever wish for. She was kind, caring and beautiful. We've known each other practically our whole lives. When we were both due to be born our mom's met each other at the hospital. Laney had always been the girly one, whereas I was always the tomboy. Through our school life she had always stuck by me, if I ever got bullied she'd make the bullies run home like crying for their moms. She was strong and confident, you could say she was my idol. She had long wavy black hair and dark blue eyes. She had a body every girl wanted and every boy craved. The thing that touched me the most was, even though she was popular she never left me for it.

We pulled up at the student parking lot.

Nope, nothing yet. Everyone says that you'll find your mate just by his scent. Still nothing.

*Lunch*

I entered the cafeteria with Laney. We went over to grab a tray, and went to see what was on the menu. I had a cheese burger with salad. Laney just had chicken burger with salad. I went to pay for my food, after I thanked the at the till. I went to get a table.

I dropped my tray, he was here. My mate was it here. My wolf purred in pleasure. Oh... my wolf!! My wolf finally made an appearance!

Hey I'm Lynette.

I'm Storm your wolf, nice to meet you.

Likewise I can't believe I'm actually talking to you this is amazing!

I know I've been dying to meet you Lynette.

Our mates in here Storm.

I know, find him Lynette!

I scanned the cafeteria for my mate. It was like a magnetic pull. My eyes landed on the table of the 'Popular people.' Oh no, this is not possible.

Jackson McLain. My mate.

He looked at me and gave me a massive grin. But then it changed. He narrowed his eyes and he frowned. He was looking at me. Was he not satisfied? I dropped my tray and ran out of the cafeteria. I saw he get up and chased after me. Maybe he accepted me. He rounded the corner and stood directly in front of me. He glared at me.

"Let me get this straight," He stared was on me, cold and emotionless.

"I, Jackson McLain, reject you Lynette Jane."

Each individual one of those words stabbed me in the heart. It felt like my heart was shattering into a million pieces. Was this actually happening? Was the person who was meant to love and cherish me about to walk out of my life? Years and years I've waited, the day where my fated soulmate would show himself to love and embrace me, I thought maybe I would have a happy ending like fairytales. Obviously not. Unwanted tears started to roll there way down my cheeks. Dammit. There was a hint of guilt in his eyes, which left me a fragment of hope. Maybe... But that tiny spark of hope was almost immediately replaced with an stone, cold expression.

"Fine, I Lynette Jane accept your rejection Jackson McLain."

As soon as those very words left my mouth, I felt my heart break into two. A gap that could never be replaced. A crack that would never heal. Before more tears threatened to emerge, I ran down the empty hallway. My wolf whimpered, but there was no turning back now.

***

"I'm home!" I shouted cheerfully, which was the opposite of what I was feeling right now.

"Welcome home sweetie," My mother looked up from the pile of paperwork on the dining table. My mom was a primary school teacher, also a workaholic. But she always had time for me and my brother. I loved her so much! Dad was off on a business trip in France, he's due to arrive home next week.