𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

I was in my bedroom by myself and I could hear Mia wondering around in her bedroom. I took off my bracelet and laid it on photo album in front of me. The charm was a shape of a small key that worked against the one that the book had. I grabbed the book and held it to my face, examining every inch of it before taking it with me to my bed.

"Dad, I don't think I can be the Queen of Genovia. I'm not Clarisse Renaldi, and i'm not Mia, she's so smart, she always has these ideas that are so great. I just...I just don't I can do it." I said whispering to the the photo album

"I'm scared that I will disappoint Genovia, that I will be banished from a place I have never been to, your home. I'm scared I will disappoint you." I said quietly sitting up on my bed looking down at the photo album that I placed on the pillow besides me

♛♛𝐖𝐞𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐁𝐞𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬♛♛

"Mary, sweetheart, Joseph is downstairs waiting for you!" I heard my mom exclaim to me as I continued to stare at the unlocked book but still shut in front of me

"I'll be down there in a few seconds!" I yelled back to my mother as I grabbed everything I would need for tonight including the book and placed it inside my black duffle bag

"Bye sweetheart, i'll be there soon." Mom said to me as she kissed my cheek tenderly before waving me off to the front door

"Hi, Joey!" I greeted the man in all black immediately once I saw him by the door, holding it open for me

"It's Joe, Rosie." Joe corrected me once more making me laugh as I entered the limo and placed the duffle bag on the ground

"Who will be the make up artist Joey?" I asked Joe biting my lip as I stared out the window, feeling nervous

"Joe, not Joey. It's Paolo." Joe answered my question causing me to widen my eyes at his answer

"He's the best of the best, Mary. No one can argue against that." Joe continued to say to me making me laugh

♛♛𝐖𝐞𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐁𝐞𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬♛♛

I was in the guest bedroom that was designed for me and immediately saw Paolo in the middle of the room and his two assistants, Gretchen and Helga beside him. Charlotte was sitting down in a chair in the corner of the room, watching him and the assistants with narrowed eyes.

"Hello Paolo, Gretchen, Helga." I greeted the three people immediately as they caught the sight of me walking into the bedroom

"You know the drill, Regina Mary." Paolo instructed me immediately without greeting me causing me to nod and grab the photo album, ready to see the pictures. I settled myself into the chair that Paolo had and opened the book.

I sighed to myself, swallowing nervously as I flipped to the last page

I sighed to myself, swallowing nervously as I flipped to the last page. There wasn't a picture, instead was an envelope that had a seal on it.

My sweetheart,

Today is your sixteenth birthday. Congratulations. You are almost an adult, but you still have a couple years left. I present you with this photo album of our deepest memories, that I hope you remember as I remember them. I left quite a few blank pages in the end for you to fill in with your firstborn.

Nothing is more special than having children. It is common in my family to pass down a piece of wisdom when one reaches this age. I pass it on to you and your sister, as my father passed it on to me and my brother. Rosemarie, being afraid doesn't mean that you are weak. It means that you are human, that you have feelings.

I know you though, I know every scar you've gotten, every love, I know everything due to your mother and when I was there. Rosemarie, you are a strong, independent woman, just like your mother. To let you know, if i'm not there, and my mother hasn't informed the two of you, which I hope she has. That there can be two rulers for Genovia. Amelia and you, Rosemarie. The both of you can be Queens.

Maybe not at the same time, but, you two can rule separately. You can rule if Amelia hasn't gathered courage to do so, or if she wants to wait. My mother probably didn't tell the both of you because she wanted to see who can be the best Queen, and I would know that if you are reading this and barely discovering this, she made the wrong choice. Mia and you are one. Amelia is you, and you are her, but yet, you are your own people.

If your sister still hasn't accepted the role to be Queen, it will be your duty. I know how it feels, Rosemarie. You'll hate it, but you'll love it at the same time. You won't say anything against it, you'll feel that it is your duty to my--yours--our people. I want you to know that I never wanted this for you, I never wanted you to be forced to be Queen. I could have chosen a different destiny for myself but I have known these people all my life, I grew up with them, I couldn't leave them behind.

I also want you to know, I loved your mother very much and still think of her very often.

Happy birthday,

My sweet baby Rosemarie

All my love,

Your father