Chapter 1

"You have something of mine. I want it back."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"You know very well what! Now give it to me!"

"I don't have it. Not anymore."

"Where?"

"Gah! I'll die before I tell you where he is!"

"He? The boy. You gave it to the boy! Send out the search parties! Bring him to me! As long as he is still breathing when he gets here, do with him as you please! Go! Now!"

"No! He's only a boy!"

"You should've thought about that before you gave it to him."

"You are a soulless b****."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, kid. What's your name?"

"I don't have one." I'm sitting in a room with someone from the government. Apparently, a homeless kid running around outside the White House isn't allowed. How was I supposed to know that?

"What do you mean you don't have a name?" The guy asked.

"I don't have a name. I can't get much clearer than that." I retorted. I had been around government agents before, and I also knew that they couldn't touch me. Put me in jail, I would finally have a roof over my head and food to eat. Put me in an orphanage, at least someone other than myself would take care of me. Kill me? Sure. I would finally be with the rest of my family. The agent frowned.

"Why don't you have a name?" He asked. He was clueless, really. And it was getting on my nerves.

"Why should I tell you?" I snapped. The agent got mad. He got to his feet and pushed his chair over.

"Because I am a government agent, your superior, and I could have you killed in heartbeat!" He snarled, his temper getting the best of him. I crossed my arms and put my feet up on the interrogation table.

"You feel good about yourself? Threatening kids?" I questioned. The agent took out his gun and slammed it on the table.

"Do it. I dare you." I taunted. The man struggled to get his temper under control. He put his gun away, fixed his chair, and sat down again.

"How old are you exactly?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno. Don't know when my birthday is. But I think I'm around fourteen? Fifteen maybe?" I replied. He nodded and wrote that down. I groaned and got to my feet.

"What do you want me to say? That I am a part time criminal working for a band of serial killers? You want me to say that I'm sorry? I should have never stepped on your lawn? You want me get on my knees and plead for forgiveness? You want me to cry? Cause I'm not gonna! I'm done crying. Whatever you want, you aren't getting it!" I spat. The agent leaned back in his chair.

"I just want a name." He said. I let out a huff of laughter and leaned against the wall.

"Can't give you that mate. I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." I said. The agent raised an eyebrow at me.

"It was a joke!" I said, spreading my hands in exasperation. The agent remained motionless. "Fine. You know what? Call me Daniel. I've always liked that name." The agent nodded.

"Alright. Daniel....uh...last name?" He asked. I thought for a moment.

"Wolfe. Spelled w-o-l-f-e. So that's d-a-n-i-e-l w-o-l-f-e. Satisfied?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Alrighty, then. Daniel Wolfe, will you follow me this way pl...." The agent was cut off by a massive explosion. We were blown off our feet in a frenzy of broken pieces of our surroundings. I collided with the far wall, my head thudding painful with the metal. My head throbbed as I scrambled to my feet, my ears ringing from the sound of the explosion. The government agent lay in a pool of his own blood, a massive creature standing over him. The creature hand four legs and two arms. Its legs were that of a wild cat. A cheetah or a panther. Its arms were long and his hands were clawed. Like talons on a hawk. Wings spurted from its back, big and black. Leathery wings, like that of a bat. It's neck was long, like a serpent. Its head looked like someone had taken a spider's face and shoved a rabid lion's mouth on it. It had a tail that arched over it's back like a scorpion, it's body was scaled like a snake, but big like the cheetah it's legs came from. The entire creature was black as night and smoke seemed to swirl around it. It's eyes were glowing red. It made a hissing chattering noise as it's tail swung forward, launching a ball of fire at me. I rolled out of the way just in time. The creature was fast. It leapt at me, it's talons catching my shirt and ripping it as I rolled away again and fell out of the hole it had made in the wall. I screamed as I fell down and down. Right before I hit the ground, the creatures talons pierced my arm. I was being carried through the air by the hideous creature. The smell of fire, death, blood, and rotten animal overwhelmed me as I turned my body to rip myself away from the demon. With a scream of pain, it's talons ripped my skin and I free fell to the ground below. There was more than one demon flying through the air. I was bleeding from multiple places and I hurt all over. I made myself close my eyes as the demons landed beside me. I heard one come close and held my breath as it inspected me.

"He's dead." It hissed to the others.

"We must leave him here. We cannot touch the dead." A deeper hiss came from one of the others.

"The mistress will not be happy. Come. Let's go." It said. Then with hissing and chattering, the three demons leapt into the air and flew away. Every fiber of my body was screaming at me to run. To go hide. But I just lay there. In too much pain to move. My body felt like it was on fire. The talons must have had poison on them or something. Millions of questions were churning in my ming. What were those things? Why were they after me? Who is their mistress? But soon, the pain and loss of blood was too much, and I fell into unconsciousness in a flaming ball of agony and exhaustion.