Chapter 34: Prelude to the Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright? Want to talk about it?" Draco said with concern in his voice. Draco had broken the hug and was holding me at arms length looking down at me. 

"Don't worry I'm fine. Can't even remember much of the nightmare anyways. Any who we need to change and get downstairs before your dad sends a house elf to see what is taking us so long." 

"If you say so (y/n). But if you have another nightmare you can always sleep with me. I'll keep the scary monsters away from you." Draco said while winking at me. 

I laugh a bit before walking out the door. I paused at the door way. 

"Draco you and I both know it is me who protects you. Not the other way around." I say while winking back at him before walking into my room to change. 

After getting changed I walked out of my room to find Draco waiting for me in the hallway. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. I may or may not have been a bad influence on Draco's stay at home fashion choices. 

Draco and I walked into the dining room to see Narcissa and Lucius eating breakfast. Draco's and my plates were already set and filled with food. Lucius was reading the daily prophet. 

"Ah Draco and (y/n). Good morning." Lucius said putting the news paper down. 

"Good morning father." Draco said while pulling out your chair for you. 

"Good morning Mr. Malfoy." I said while taking my seat. Draco then pushed my seat in before getting into his seat. 

"(y/n) I have told you countless times to call me Lucius." Lucius said to me while shaking his head. I knew he was not serious for once in his life. 

"Sorry Lucius. I am just not use to it still. Old habits die hard." 

"Well we will fix that at a later date. As for today I have wonderful news for both you and Draco. I have been personally invited to watch the Quidditch World Cup finals with the Minister. He also said that I may bring you two." 

"Really?! That great!" I couldn't help but say. I looked to Draco with a huge smile. 

"Perfect. I shall tell the Minister that we would love to watch the game with him. After all I know you two have a little bet going on." Lucius said while standing up. 

Lucius said his good byes as he went off to work. Narcissa got up and walked Lucius to the fire place. 

"This is perfect Dragon boy. Now we can see the finals in person." I said while eating my eggs. 

"Yes it is. We can settle our bet on who we think is going to win. And once Bulgaria wins I get to see you in a maids outfit while feeding me on the train." Draco said smirking at me while drinking some tea. 

"Only in your dreams Dragon boy. Ireland will win and I get to see the mighty Draco Malfoy in a butler's suit on the train running after the trolley for some sweets." I said while sticking my tongue out at him.

"Careful with that tongue out someone might just nip it." 

I was trying really hard not to blush at Draco's comment and quickly turned away. Really now when did Draco get like this? Oh right over the summer because I am a bad influence. 

-time skip- 

The weekend flew by with Draco and I throwing playful jabs at each other about what we would make the other do should we win the bet while either playing quidditch or wizards chess. Come Monday morning I was basically bouncing off the walls in excitement. 

"Draco! Wake up! Come on its finally time for the Quidditch World Cup!" I said while shaking Draco who was currently asleep in his bed. 

"Mmm. (y/n) leave me alone and let me sleep." He said only opening one eye.