"Katsuki. Are you okay?"

"Do I fucking look okay to you, IcyHot?!"

"No, actually. You're bleeding."

Todoroki isn't moved by Bakugou's attitude, but he us genuinely concerned.

"CLEARLY! FUCKIN' STUPID DEKU USED HIS STUPID FUCKIN' QUIRK TO KICK ME IN THE FUCKIN' FACE!"

"It was an accident!"

"No, you just didn't think it would land---there's a fuckin' difference, you useless bitch!"

Just when it looked like he was about to beat the absolute dog shit out of Midoriya, Aizawa jumped down into the ring between them.

"Bakugou, you need to stop it."

And the explosive blonde violently turned on his teacher.

"Are you fuckin' serious?! I get my fuckin' face nearly shredded apart by this fuckin' asshole and you're gonna baby them just cause I'm fuckin' mad?!"

"I'm babying anyone---"

"BULLSHIT, YOU---"

A hand at the back of his neck silences him almost immediately. It isn't tight or constricting at all and he can breathe just fine but it's firm and familiar. No one says anything at all, afraid they might set him off again.

"Katsuki." It's Todoroki, his tone is one of a father prepared to reprimand his child. His expression is all hard lines and assertion. "I understand that you're in pain right now, but this isn't any way to behave when you're upset. Come here."

"But they---"

"I'm not asking you again, Katsuki."

And, albeit reluctantly, Bakugou turned to face his boyfriend with a pained expression. His hand is covering a majority of the wound as if he's scared to let them lay eyes on it and when Todoroki gently lays his hand on top of Bakugou's, the blonde still doesn't move it. The bicolored teen can see the way Bakugou's jaw clenches in pain and he's trying his best not to show how much it hurts. Shouto can't help but soften up a bit at this.

"Let me see your cheek, darling. I won't touch it, I promise. I just want to see how bad it is." He coos and it chips at Bakugou's resolve because he lowers his hand and tilts his head to give Todoroki a better view. Aizawa cringes at the bruised and bloody mess and how gruesome it looked on his fair skin. Midoriya instantly cast his gaze on the ground at the blackening blotches on Bakugou's otherwise handsome face. His classmates flinch at how painful it looks.

Todoroki notices the blood leaking from the corners of Katsuki mouth and his heart clenches at how painful it must have been. "Did you bite your tongue, sweetheart?" Bakugou shakes his head. "My cheek..." he corrects him. Todoroki brushes the fringe out of his face and squeezes his arm to comfort him.

"Midoriya is very sorry and he didn't mean to hurt you. You know that, don't you?"

Bakugou nods. The way that Todoroki is able to tame him astounds his classmates.

"And you know that it wasn't everyone else's fault. That they didn't deserve to be sworn at and degraded that way?"

Bakugou nods again. His almost looks remorseful.

"Good." Todoroki turns to Aizawa. "I'm going to go get him cleaned up. We'll return shortly."

"Sure." Is all the response he gets before he's pulling Bakugou out of the ring. It's silent for another beat or two before Aizawa breaks up the crowd.

"Alright everyone, next match! Iida and Kaminari vs. Uraraka and Jiro! Let's go!"

#

Katsuki was much more docile once pulled away from the all of the prying eyes of their classmates. He allowed Shouto to guide him back to the classroom and set him on top of Aizawa's desk, gently removing his gauntlets from his wrists and setting them onto the floor before moving to rummage around the file cabinet for the first aid kit.