Chapter 2

“Don’t open the door, don’t open the door, don’t open the-“ I yelled at the television burying my head into the closest thing to me when the killer showed up. I felt an arm wrap around me and I looked up to see the I had my head buried into Liam’s chest.I blushed and distracted myself by checking the time.

“SHIT!” I shouted jumping up from the couch. It was seven thirty and I had to be at work at eight. The diner’s five minutes away.

“What?” Niall asked.

“Check the time!” I yelled running upstairs and into my room. I locked the door and ran to my closet. I grabbed my t-shirt that said ‘All Time Low’ in blue, my light wash skinny jeans and my blue converse. We don’t have uniforms we just have to wear a waist apron. I was, thankfully, in and out of the shower within ten minutes. I got dressed and blow-dried my hair, throwing it up in a pony tail. I grabbed my locket and tossed it on. Niall gave it to me the day he left for the X-factor. It had my favorite picture of us in it and a note. The note told me to not feel alone. That he wasn’t leaving for good. To call him every chance I got. I love my brother! I pulled my converse on and shoved my phone and my I-pod in my pockets running downstairs. Niall had already started cooking breakfast. Guess he figured out I was going to be late. I walked in as soon as he sat a plate and a cup of coffee on the counter for me. I sat down at the counter.

“Thanks Niall.” I said smiling. He smiled back and started eating his own breakfast. When I finished it was seven fourty. I had to leave in ten minutes. I plopped down on the couch between Niall and Liam. “Are you getting off early today?” Niall asked as I pulled my phone out. “Yeah, I’m getting off at two. I have to go to the beach and meet Thomas so we can rehears, then I’m on vocal rest for an hour then the concerts at four-thirty so everyone from school can get there.” I said not taking my eyes from my phone. “What are you doing?” Niall asked throwing an arm around my shoulder. “Twitter.” I said simply. Then I continued forming my tweet.

>@NataliHoranMusic : Going to work in a few, come visit the diner today! :) leaving work at two for rehersal! EVERYONE COME SEE MY SUMMER KICK OFF CONCERT AT THE BEACH AT FOUR THIRTY! :D GANNA BE AMAZING! CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE! –Kat <3 :p<

“Alright, time for me to go!” I said standing up.

“Want a ride?” Niall asked.

“No, I’ve got my skateboard. Plus I’d rather you not see how much I get humiliated.”

“Does Janet still torture you?”

“Yes. I swear one day I’m just ganna snap and break her jaw.”

“Ok, that’s it, I’m coming today.”

“Fine, but come in like ten minutes. I have to open the place first.” I grabbed my skateboard and kissed Niall’s cheek. “See you boys in ten!” I shouted walking out of the house. I smiled as my board hit the ground and I made my way to the diner.

I got to the diner and unlocked the door. I always open the diner and normally I close it too. I’m kind of like the manager, but I don’t own the place. I walked in and put my keys back in my pocket. I walked to the back of the diner and sat my skateboard down, wrapping my apron around my waist. I put my note pad and pen in my pocket and started setting up the diner as the rest of our employees filed in.

Ten minutes later the diner was ready to be opened. I saw the boys walk in and its lucky that we don’t have any female employees other than me because they would have been attacked by now. “Hey bro!” I said walking over and hugging him. “Hey Nat! The place looks great! Who plays on the stage during lunch?” He asked sitting at the counter with the rest of the boys as I walked behind the counter and started getting dishes ready. “Um..well I do now.” I said hesitantly. “Nat that’s great!” I smiled at my brother as I fingered my locket. “Hey you still wear it?” Niall asked pointing to my necklace. “Yeah, I never take it off.” I said smiling. “Alright boys you can go and sit at the booth in the back, no one will see you there but you can see the whole diner. So you’ll be good.” I pointed to the booth at the back and the boys smiled and walked over to it.