she is a VIRGIN?!

bribe-the-door on tumblr

y/n is a virgin and harry is ... not.

words: 4.2k

_____________________________________________

A jumper?

You turned in the mirror again, eyeing yourself from the side and then the front.

It was one of your favourites, a deep heathered grey with a vintage national park logo across the chest. There was a hole worn into one of the elbows because you favoured it over all others, and was comfortably a few sizes too big, reaching past your hips and covering your bum enough to walk around your flat without pants.

You grabbed the hem and pulled it over your head, tossing it to the side.

Now a lace pair of panties and a simple black bralette stared back at you in the dim reflection of your mirror.

Too much?

The panties left nothing of your bum to the imagination, and you shivered in the nighttime chill of your drafty room.

Damn heat, you sighed.

You shrugged the jumper back over your head, and decided on a pair of shorts, too.

Turning back around from your mirror and facing into your room, you scanned over everything to make sure it was... right.

It couldn't be too clean; you'd seem like a nobody.

It also couldn't be a mess like it was in the midst of finals week; a slob was less attractive than anybody.

Your bed sat in the corner, fluffy blankets at the foot and a mound of pillows against the headboard (one of those wrought-iron ones you'd begged your parents for at age fifteen and now didn't care for). It looked a bit formal, so you pulled the covers back.

The string lights around your window frame and the small lamp on your dresser illuminated the room in a warm glow, and you wished the air felt the same.

You all but dropped your phone when it buzzed in your hand, a single text stating:

Here, let me in? xx

The clicks of your keyboard were all to be heard through your flat, and you made your way to the front door. You ditched the shorts on the way over.

[an hour earlier]

"Wait," Harry laughed on the other line, "You're telling me that you and-."

"No, we never did it."

He was silent, processing. You, on the other hand, had a heart beating absolutely out of your ribcage at this moment, and wanted him to say something.

Anything.

"Hm..." was all he could come up with.

"Is that bad?" you asked.

"Bad? Oh, god, no, y/n, are you crazy?"

"No?"

"Exactly. Why would that be bad?"

It wasn't unlike the both of you to end up on the phone like this for hours at a time, and this subject wasn't a surprise, either.

"I feel like...," you paused, figuring out how to phrase this. "Like, at my age, I shouldn't be... you know, inexperienced."

"A virgin."

You swallowed roughly, "Well, yeah."

"S'nothin' to be ashamed of," Harry explained. "Virginity doesn't mean anything-."