Chapter 38

Peter Parkers POV

After I met Percy, he vanished. Its been a few weeks and I haven't seen him at school or at the tower in which no one was there. Mr.Stark, Banner, Clint, Nat, EVERYONE!!

Instead of stressing on it, I decide to go for a walk along Montauk, I have heard good things about it clearing your head...

Anyway, I'm heading out now, Ned's driving me over and he understands the stress gets to me sometimes.

I have to battle school, as well as Flash. And then when I get home, I have to do my daily rounds around the city and at maybe 4 am do my homework, Only to wake up at 6 to start my day over again!

I need a break, From life, Spiderman, homework, and people. If only life were simpler.

_________________________

Evie's POV

After Will declared me well enough to leave the infirmary, I told Percy I was going to walk around Manhatten for a bit and revisit old places. I decided to go to Montauk. Life was always simpler when Mom, Percy, and I came here.

No Gabe, No Monsters, No beer bottles, no poker games, nothing, but my family surrounding me.

Some people would think being a demigod is cool. It's Not. You have to constantly worry about a monster behind you or around every corner! To top it all off, you get to be a slave to do the gods dirty work!

I reach Montauk and sit on the shore, I see the waves rolling in and out, It soothed me and I felt at home...finally.

I hear a car pull up and a door shut, I hear the car pulling out and footsteps approaching.

I contemplate whether I should walk away, get out my sword, or wait. I chose the latter and decided to see if the human would make a move.

"Hi, What are you doing out here?" The man, maybe 16-17, said to me.

"getting away. You?" I reply, not turning around

"same. Can I..." He trailed off at the end. He probably wanted to sit.

I nod.

"What's your name?" He turned to face me and I sneak a glance at him.

He had shaggy brown hair, slicked back naturally, kind brown eyes, and a nice smile.

"Names have power." I look back at the ocean and could tell the boy did the same.

"Oh, well um... I'll go first! Peter Parker!" I'll admit, he was kinda funny.

I smirked

"Evie Jackson." For the first time, I look Peter in the eyes.

I felt him looking into my soul, seeing me for me, a broken girl. A clear cry for help in my eyes, a broken look. He had the same look in his eyes.

"Pretty Name...What are you doing out here?" He didn't break eye contact, for the second time I smirked

"You already asked that. You got guts Parker, not many can hold eye contact." I say, staring him down to see when he'll break.

"hehe, I've been told that a few times. You have very pretty eyes, Evies." I could tell I was blushing, I don't remember the last time I got a compliment, it was probably......Luke.

My smile started to fade and my face grew cold, the wind started to poke needles in my face, and the water seemed more...rapid. As if dad knew Peter had made me feel...upset?

"Thanks, I guess?" Peter looked down and I did the same.

I self-consciously drew a figure in the sand. Luke always put a note with the symbol on my bedside in the mornings.....

I started tearing up, and unfortunately for me, Peter noticed.

"Are you okay? If you want me to go, just ask." I quickly wiped away my tears and shook my head.

"Please, don't leave. I don't like being alone." I state, once, letting my self be weak.

"Okay. Um, Want to play 20 questions?" I look over to Parker and nod

"Yes, I would."

________Meanwhile_______________

Tony's POV

We've been flying for maybe a week now. We have yet to find whatever we're looking for.

"Tony! Are you listening?!" Natasha snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"yes, I am. Why are we out here again?" I ask the siblings

"We are heading to Chile to find a staff that will finish of Tartarus," Emily explains

"Oh right." was my smart response

"We're here!" Will said over the intercom of the quinjet

"Finally." The plane lands and I rush outside, desperate to get off the flying vehicle.

"Slow down Stark, we still have to climb the mountain." Will points to the mountain in front of us, and I take in my surroundings.

Chile looks like a pretty busy place, that was in the city behind the mountain we were supposed to climb.

We had to climb the tallest one. According to an "IM" Percy sent us earlier, the staff thing was being guarded by Atlas, the dude who holds up the sky.

"Well, onward I guess.." I state and suit up into my suit (what else)

We all suited up, including the Mera siblings. They arm themselves with a sword/dagger.

"Come on, we have to reach the top of the mountain before sundown, or it might be too late," Emily stated and started walking up the cliffside.