Chapter 37

Evie's POV

I woke up in the camp infirmary next to Percy's bed...

PERCY!!!!!

I remember being taken by Him after the beginning of the war finished.
Tartarus took me to Tartarus, and...he....tortured me.
Tartarus locked me in a cell and tortured me. Not only did he whip me, but he made me relive memories of when I was younger and Gabe would hit me with empty beer bottles.
"Eve? Are you awake?" I hear Percy's groggy voice next to me.
" Yeah, yeah I'm awake"
" Are you sane? " I chuckle at my brother
" is anyone? " was my response
"Very funny"
"Certainly. Thank you"
"For what"
"Saving my @$$"
" hahaha anytime, except don't get captured again"
" I'll try"
"Good"
We both sit in silence. It's not an awkward silence, just a comfortable enjoying each other's company. Just two twins sharing a comfortable silence together.
Why can't our life be simpler? Just once I'd like to leave the camp without fear that I'll mess up another famous monument.

"Why?" I turn to my brother

"Why what?" He faces me as well

"Why Luke, why Leo, why anything?!?"

" I know you miss Luke, but you need to learn how to get over him. "

"How! He left me...he went and got himself killed!...he annoyed me in this hellhole!!"

" Eve...he killed himself so more demigods won't get killed by Kronos' monsters or evil plan to overthrow the gods. He saved everyone. "

"I want him back...I don't like living without my lifeline...it hurts"

"I know...but just hold on."

"At the end of everything hold on to anything....but I have nothing but the Avengers and you..."

I hear Will walk in, I know because he's arguing with Nico.

"You can't shadow travel anymore unless you wanna dissolve into shadows!"

" But I'm the ghost king! I can't let the shadows control me! I control them! "
_____________________________________________

On that note...Sorry I haven't updated in forever but I have a concussion still and tomorrow I'm heading up to Pennsylvania to see my family....I'll try to update next week but I'm sorry this is short because I'm not supposed to be on electronics at all if I want my brain to heal...

Ciao for now<3

SPNandHPandPJ