Chapter 2 - Boy Meets Girl

As I begin to peek around the twisting corner of the alleyway, I see a sight I hoped I would not. The alley comes to an abrupt end shortly up ahead and there I finally see the mamano woman who is apparently a unicorn type but she is in bad shape.

Apparently, someone saw it fit to put their hands on her as her hair is now disheveled and she now wears a few scratches on her face and body.

Someone will pay dearly for that. Eye for an eye I always say.

I can't pay much more attention to her and will save that for later as the situation is far worse than I expected.

Instead of the singular bandit the mamano woman was chasing earlier, it seems she found herself running right into a classic pincer attack with her back to the wall and three dangerous looking ruffians slowly closing in on her like hungry wolves from three directions. I guess the purse snatcher she was after had friends or this was likely their plan all along. Taking a closer look, its clear the mamano woman in trouble is a unicorn which is a first encounter even for me.

Unicorn mamano women

They're not like typical mamano women in that their demeanor is generally gentle and kind.As the demeanor has been generally consistent it is believed this maybe genetic.

Also of note, they're not commonly known to be fighters though I am sure they could be if they wanted to. This could be bad if I don't do something.

Even if this mamano woman is capable of defending herself, she lays one hand on them and she gets a one way deportation ticket back to the monster realm courtesy of ICE. As the law stands, it doesn't even matter the suspects are clearly in the wrong.

They really need to amend that silly rule so these girls can at least protect themselves.

As I remain secluded in the shadows debating with myself whether or not to act, the unicorn mamano notices me and pleads with her eyes for my help.

Oh hell, she just had to look at me like that. No way in hell I can just walk away now.

Any further internal debate to help is quickly sent packing as my heart drives my feet forward and my weapons up to bare.

Immediately coming around the corner like a samurai warrior with a mission and my weapons to bear, I promptly open fire on the first closest bandit with one blaster servicing the target with a shock pellet to his neck sending him sprawling to the ground in a spasm induced mess.

At the same time, I fire my second blaster servicing the next closest bandit with a shot to the chest sending him into a wall as if hit by a lethal round. He promptly slides off of it losing control of his motor functions also down for the count twitching uncontrollably.

However, before I can turn my attention on the final bandit, the one responsible for all of this mess, he manages to slip beside the unicorn girl pulling a wicked long switch blade and placing it against her throat as an open threat.

Well, that's great. Looks like this guy wants to meet his maker. . . . . Well, then say hello to the ferryman on river styx for me then, mate. ( Thanks for the assist, LordAxoris. )

With that I immediately holster my blasters and place my hands at either side as I stare down the ruffian ever so slowly tightening my fists so that my knuckles begin to crack and my finger-less fighting gloves stretch with a sound.

"Hey, pig. Why don't you just turn around and leave before I have to kill this bitch? All I wanted was its purse. Now she had to get all uppity by chasing me down scaring me and my boys half to death only to learn she can't fight worth a damn. She needs to be taught a lesson. ANTICE style!"