Longing for something you can't have

I start walking on my way to school when I see him. Him with eyes that have you drawn from the start. Him with the rosy cheeks and disheveled, silky brown hair. I've never in my life seen someone as beautiful as him in this moment. I've never seen him before, but my heart without hesitation beats for him like a thousand drums playing one song in his honor. What's wrong with me? I can't have a crush on a boy. Me? Krys the tomboy? No this must be some kind of mistake. But there was no mistaking the irresistible pull that I felt towards him.

I later found out that he was a new kid who came from Massachusetts. He goes by the name of Demarcus. Without even knowing or trying to, he made my pulse quicken with every breath he took. He was mysterious and intriguing, but would shut everyone out in a second with a glare or a brush-off. I couldn't like a guy, I just couldn't. But that didn't stop my feelings, not one bit, and it terrified me. I had a pretty good life so far, and he comes in and makes my whole world turn upside down. What is this? Why can't I stop this feeling? But the more I saw him everyday, the more I saw the little things he would try to hide from everyone else, I knew. I knew that without a doubt he was different from any guy that I've ever met. I knew then that it was okay to have feelings for someone else, but I couldn't tell Aaron that I did, because I would never ever hear the end of it from him nor the guys. So, I just kept this little secret to myself, and hoped that maybe with time I would be wrong. Because he was a guy who would never feel for me the same way I do for him, and I mean who would, I'm just a tomboy, no one special.