Chapter 3: She's No Different

Începe de la început

"Great. The halls are gonna be filled with idiots and I'll probably be an hour late to class." Ron said trying to make his way through the hallway.
"And it's barely the first day." Harry added.
To their surprise they actually got to class quickly. Then in walked Draco, Crabbe and Goyle.
"How great. The Weasel and Potter are in here." Draco said looking at them in disgust.
"And apparently so is the Slytherin Ferret." Harry said back.

Draco took a seat, saving one and in walked Lauren. She was smiling.
"Here." Draco said pulling back the chair for her.
Lauren put down her bag and sat down.
Crabbe and Goyle sat on the table next to them. With Harry and Ron behind them.
"Poor girl. She's already fallen for his lies." Harry said shaking his head.
"Oh please. It's her dream to become Draco's next thing." Ron said annoyed.

Pansy walked in. They could smell trouble and got excited.
"Let the show begin." Ron said sitting up, Harry also sat up.
"I thought I was sitting with you!" Pansy screeched.
"But then where would Lauren sit?" Draco said.
"I don't care!" Pansy said looking at Lauren with disgust.
"I can move." Lauren said in a soft tone grabbing her purse.
"No!" Draco said grabbing her hand. "Pansy just sit somewhere else for today." Draco said.
"Malfoy it's ok. I don't mind sitting alone, I'm used to it" Lauren responded chuckling. By now half the class had arrived to class.
"You know what! Fine!" Pansy said stomping away. Draco rolled his eyes in annoyance.
Lauren chuckled.
"How dare you try and leave me with her." Draco said in a joking low voice, making Lauren laugh hard. Draco smiled at her.

"Oh Merlin." Ron said annoyed.
"She has a nice laugh." Harry said starting to laugh. Ron looked at him in disbelief.
"It's contagious." Harry said shrugging his shoulders.

Crabbe leaned over and threw a piece of paper at Lauren. Lauren grabbed it and unraveled it. She leaned into Draco and whispered something to him. Ron and Harry could hear Pansy huffing. Draco smiled at Lauren and then whispered something in her ear. She wrote something down crumbled up the paper and threw it at Crabbe, except she completely missed and accidentally threw it in the trash.

Lauren's mouth fell open and Crabbe, Goyle and Draco burst into laughter. Ron and Harry who had witnessed everything also burst into laughter behind them. Lauren looked at Draco in disbelief. She shook and palmed her head.
"I can't believe my luck." She said. They were all laughing, practically dying, they tried their best to hide it but their attempts just made them laugh even more. Ron and Harry were behind them dying at what had happened, when Professor Binns spoke up.
"What seems to be the ruckus?" He asked. They were all trying to hush their laugh. Ron and Harry put their heads down to hush the laughter. And Draco looked away from Lauren and tried to stop laughing.

"I, uh, I don't know why they're laughing." Lauren said trying to conceal her own laugh.
Professor Binns shook his head. "I expected this from Potter, Weasley, Crabbe, Goyle, or Malfoy, but you, I expected better."
"You guys sound like Hyenas." Lauren said to all of them, when Mr. Binns walked away.
She leaned her head down. She shoved Draco, making him almost tumble off his seat.
"Nice Malfoy, it's my first day and I'm already tainting my reputation." Lauren said.
Ron and Harry were once again trying to hold in their laughter at the sight of Draco almost falling.
"Ay! I could've fallen!" Draco said still laughing.
Lauren squinted at him and shook her head.

About half an hour passed. Harry had fallen asleep by now and Ron was on the verge. Draco was snoring lightly and Crabbe and Goyle were thumb wrestling each other. Lauren however decided she was gonna turn her act around and had started taking notes. When Professor Binns started to ask questions, Lauren answered them.
"I want everyone to answer questions 2-44 on page 899." Professor Binns said, when the bell rang.
Ron and Harry got up.
"He's absolutely mad if he thinks I'm doing that." Ron said. Lauren snorted at his comment and made eye contact with Ron for a split second, smiled and then brought her attention back to Draco.
"Did you see that?!" Ron asked elbowing Harry.
"She smiled." Harry said.
"And snorted." Ron said.
"I can now see why they're all over there with her." Harry said, beginning to laugh again, remembering what had occurred.
"I guess she is a bit funny." Ron said.
"A bit funny?" Harry said, astonished. "As I recall, you almost died of laughter."
"So she's funny. She's Slytherin, Harry, which means she's plain evil." Ron said, walking out of class.
"What a load of rubbish." Harry said, following him out.