The New Maddie

I woke up today to the blinding sunlight blaring into my room windows. I looked over at my night side table to look at what time it was. 1:18 pm, it read and I looked at my phone to check the date. Monday already, welp looks like I won't be going to school, again.

This wasn't unfamiliar for me. I've missed almost every Monday of school this year. Everyone stopped trying with me at this point, my mom knew she wasn't gonna get the old Maddie Ziegler back she was lost some where during freshman year of my highschool career. The old Maddie was so innocent and dedicated. The old Maddie never got below an A, she spent hours at the dance studio even on Fridays and the weekend. The old Maddie never went to parties she never drank. The old Maddie only associated with her dance friends which were Chloe Lukasiak, Paige Hyland, Kendall Vertes and Nia Sioux. The new Maddie barely even sees them anymore they're just another passing face in the halls of Franklin Regional High School. The last time she talked to most of them was in freshman year and last week I begged Nia to give me homework answers in biology.

My head was pounding last night I went hard and today I just have a really bad hangover. I rummaged through my night table to find the Advil I kept in there since I was frequently hung over that was basically a character trait of the new Maddie.

I went to check my phone I had a few new messages. One from my mom asking if I went to school today, one from my best friend Christina Bruins talking about how epic last night was, some guy named Eric who i didn't even know telling me how great of a kisser I was.

Who the hell is Eric? I must have been so drunk last night. I laughed it was normal for me to have texts from people who I didn't even remember telling me things that I did that I don't remember either. That's what the new Maddie did. Another thing the new Maddie learned was the less memories you have the better night you had. So by the looks of it I had one hell of a night.

--------------------------------------------

Thoughts?