At first, he thinks she's just laughing at something either Mary or Sophie have said but his gaze darkens significantly when he sees that it's not either of them. 

It's a man, the man with short brown hair and who looks like a bit of a twat - okay, maybe he's just being biased because of the fact that he's talking to Rebecca. His girl. And she's laughing at what he's saying to her. 

He'd come in about fifteen minutes into their first half, finding where Rebecca is sitting with Sophie and Mary and Roger's foot may have hit the pedal for the bass drum a little harder than intended when the man pulls Rebecca off her stool and into a hug. 

Her uncomfortableness was blatantly evident from where he was sat. 

"Mary," he says quietly, catching the attention of the young woman standing by him.

"Roger," she greets, closing the small space between them and she notices the troubled look on his face, "Are you okay?" 

"Do you know who that is?" he nods toward where Rebecca and the man are still chatting. 

The smile that was on her face drops slightly. "That's Jack," she said with pursed lips, "A member of that band that's working at the recording studio." 

"One of the arseholes?" 

"The main arsehole according to Becca. Apparently, he turns into a right dick when he's had a few." 

"Then why's she speaking to him?" he asked, startled slightly when Sophie speaks from his other side. 

"Oh come on, Rog. You should know by now that Rebecca is one of the friendliest people around. More so when she's had a few. She'll have forgotten all about it." 

He huffed and came out from behind his drum kit, "You wanting another drink?" 

"Please," Mary smiled. 

"The same?" he asked and they both nodded so he jumped down from the stage and headed toward the bar, his teeth clenching when he heard her laughing again.

When he was a couple of feet away from them, Rebecca turned her head, seeing him making his way toward them and her eyes lit up. 

"Roger!" she grinned, leaving Jack's side to come to him, wrapping her arms around his torso, "You've been playing so good!"

"Cheers, Love," he said quietly, his arms wrapping around her shoulders as his eyes meet Jack's. 

He's looking at the two of them with a look Roger can't quite describe but he can see that he's not happy. 

Keeping an arm around her, he leads Rebecca over to the bar where she stands between him and it, his arms on either side of her and while he waits for the tender to see him, he rests his chin on top of her head. 

Roger sighs quietly when Jack clears his throat and Rebecca, who's playing with a coaster, looks up again.

"Oh!" she giggled, "Sorry, I'm being rude. Jack, this is Roger. Roger, this is Jack. He's-"

"In the band that's recording at work," Roger nodded, "I know."

"Right!" She can't sense the tension that's between them but she taps Roger's hand when it's their turn to be served. "I'm gonna run to the loo," she then says, "Don't wanna miss you finish up."

He nodded again and can't help the smile that pulls at his lips when she leans up to give him a soft kiss before she's darting off toward the bathrooms. 

Roger ignores Jack when he sidles up beside him, giving the bartender his order. 

"Rebecca never mentioned she had a boyfriend."

He finally looks at him when he speaks, seeing him looking him up and down as if sizing him up.
He's not worried though and before he can retort, Rebecca's on her way back and he notices how she's stumbling over to them. 

"Can I add a water to that order?" he asks the man behind the bar, who nods. 

"Rog!" Brian calls. It's time for them to go back on. 

"Coming!" he yells, taking the glass of water. "This is for you," he says to Rebecca, looking at Jack, "Can you make sure she doesn't drink any more?" 

"Sure."

After making sure that Rebecca was indeed drinking the water, Roger made his way back up to the stage, where the rest of the band were waiting for him. 

"Keep an eye on Bex for me?" he asked Mary as he passed and she nodded. 

"Got it."

||-||

The band were on their last song now and Rebecca had finished two glasses of water and was starting to sober up which allowed her to enjoy listening to the music more and watch the band -Roger- more. 

She looked to her left when Jack put a drink, that was a rather pretty yellow colour, down on the bar beside her, "Here you go." 

She stared at the drink for a couple of minutes before shaking her head and pushing it away, "Roger said not to let me drink any more."

"Roger's not here," he insisted, "Come on, what is he? Your dad?" 

She leant against the bar, shaking her head once more, "I don't want it. What I want, is some crisps. Hey, Martin?"

A bag of ready salted crisps landed in front of her, "I heard you." 

She grinned at him and pulled the packet open. 

"Come on, Rebecca," Jack practically pleaded, pushing the drink over to her, "I've paid for it."

She ignored him as Freddie spoke into the mic, looking over her shoulder so she could look at him.

"This, will be our last song for the evening," he began, taking a drink of his beer, "And I think it's time for all of you beautiful people to join in. This is called Keep Yourself Alive." 

Rebecca loved this song and she turned around in her seat, where immediately, her eyes meet Roger's. 

He doesn't take his eyes off her and Rebecca is truly impressed when he doesn't miss a beat but she's the first to break eye contact, turning around to ask Martin for another glass of water.

Roger only looks away when it's time for his drum solo. 

And holy shit, it gets her every damn time she hears it. She's never heard such an intense, intricate solo before and she almost swoons.

Even Jack looks impressed as he too finally turns to watch the band finish. 

And when they finish, Rebecca stands up and cheers loudly, feeling hands on her waist when she swayed and as she goes to thank him, she can't help but notice that Jack is staring at Roger, who had just jumped down from the stage and has started making his way toward them. 

"Is Roger your boyfriend?" Jack asked her quickly. 

"What?" 

"Roger. Is he your boyfriend?"

Her fuzzy mind is taking a couple of seconds to catch up with the question he's asking.
No, Roger isn't her boyfriend. They've slept together, yes. They act like a couple, yes but they had never discussed it. 

"Rebecca," 

"I-I-"

And then he's kissing her.