Chapter 2

"So what you're telling me is that while I was sleeping, you went out for a walk and had Harry Styles spill coffee on you," Tara recapped.

"That is what I'm telling you, yes," I smirked. "But he didn't spill his coffee on me, it was Niall's coffee, and it spilled on the floor."

"If you're pulling some kind of joke on me, stop now please," she said, grabbing a pillow and hugging it. We were sitting in my bedroom, talking about the very eventful morning I'd had earlier that day.

"I assure you I'm not kidding," I said, and a smile crept onto my lips.

"Prove it then," she said.

"You want proof?" I asked. I pulled out my phone and went to Harry's contact profile. I expanded the picture we'd taken, making sure his number was hidden. It wasn't fair to him to let anyone else get a hold of it.

She grabbed my phone, looked at the picture, and then started squealing. Tara was a massive One Direction fan. She'd been utterly obsessed since they were on the X Factor, which was before I'd moved to England. When I met her I wasn't much of a fan, and I had to endure her talking about them more than I would have liked. It wasn't that I didn't like them or their music, but I'd never really given it a listen.

"How did this happen..." she muttered. I could see it in her eyes that she would have killed to be in the position I was in.

"This happened, because you refused to wake your sorry butt up and go out for breakfast with me," I grumbled.

"Ohmygod, if I got up I would have been there with you. I would have met him too. That's it, I'm never sleeping in again," she stated. She'd never seemed so disappointed in herself.

"You'll die waking up early," I reminded her.

"If it means I'll get to meet famous people, I'll power through it." 

I laughed at that, and Tara gave me an expectant look.

"Well?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

"Well what..?"

"Well what the hell happened?!" she screamed.

"Watch your mouth," I joked. She continued to stare at me, waiting for me to launch into the story of my encounter with the singer.

"I was in the shop, he was carrying half his body weight in food, he spilled his drink and voila," I shrugged.

Tara rolled her eyes, "I meant I wanted details. How was his hair? His face?" she urged.

"His hair was perfect, and his face was also nice," I said, feeling my cheeks go red.

"Awwe, is ickle Bethany blushing?" she teased. My cheeks turned an even darker shade of red at this, and Tara smirked.

"He was amazing, and we had a great laugh, but I don't know if we'll ever even speak again," I frowned. I would be deluded if I thought he was going to spend more time on me. He was busy and famous, and he had better things to do.

"Well, he might, if you made an impression on him," she said thoughtfully.

"And how am I supposed to know if I did that?"

"Well I guess we'll find out if he puts any effort into keeping in touch with you!" she shrugs. "And if he does, then you'd better introduce me to his friends," she added with a wink.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, just as my cell phone rang. I looked down at the screen and my face lit up.

"We'll find out sooner than you think. He's calling me."