Finding Him

She walked into the large ballroom wearing a purple silk ballgown. She stared at the many faces in front of her. Some of them were her friends, some were enemies, and some she didnt even know. Not one of them noticed her. She was just another speck of dust floating in the air. To them she was nothing. Worthless. Meaningless. Even to those that she called her best friends. She was invisible. No one took the time to see the beauty underneath. For that... She felt alone.

She began to work her way through the crowd, not knowing What she was looking for. She felt something pulling at her very soul. That was the reason she was here. She walked further and found herself in the middle of the room. Somewhere there was music playing. Suddenly she was surrounded by dancing couples. they were in their own little worlds. Happy, smiling, and carefree.

She was about to turn and leave when she felt it. The presence that kept pulling at her. It was growing. She turned around desperately trying to figure out What it was. Then she saw Him. He was making his way towards her. He stopped in front of her and smiled. She looked into His eyes and saw something that she had never seen before. Kindness, Compassion, Understanding, and Love. She knew why she was here. She was supposed to meet Him. Without saying any words, they began to dance.

He was unlike anyone she had ever known. They hadn't said a word, and He knew everything about her. They stopped dancing and for a moment he just looked at her. He had tried to talk to her many times in her past, but this time He knew she was ready to listen.

"Ive been calling you," he said. "I have wanted your attention for quite a while. I am very jealous, and i want to be always on your mind. I know the pain you have been through. I am the only one who can take it away, and fill the hole in your heart."

By now she was crying, but He wasn't through. "You came here not knowing what you were looking for. I'm here to tell you that you don't have to search anymore. I don't promise that things will be easy, but if you simply ask me, then you will have an everlasting friend. I love you."

She didn't easily believe people, but she didn't doubt a word He said. She said this. "I don't know you, but I would like to. For once in my life, I truly feel loved. Please stay in my life forever." He smiled and said, "I will. Although I will have to leave you physically, I will always be in your heart. You can always talk to me, but you must learn to listen for my answer."

As they began to dance again, she realized that she felt happier than she ever had. In the past she had tried to avoid Him, but she saw just how much she needed Him in her life. His name? Jesus!